2nd coop attempt

Thanks. It is nice to have a victory over mean people.

And were having an unseasonably warm winter here in va. But I'm keeping ventilation in mind in the construction. I have more vents to be added along the roof line to let heat and ammonia escape. The window is directly across from a set of vents to create a cross breeze. And there are plenty of gaps and knot holes in the pallet planks to provide breathing with out compromising weather protection.

May I suggest that you have a padlock for your door in case your neighbours decide to take matters into their own hands. It has happened before with neighbourhood disputes.

I doubt they'd be that bold. I have security cameras on every corner of our house for one, secondly they know my wife and I are not shy when it comes to our guns. Not to say I'd shoot some one over our chickens, but we'll let people know they're trespassing in a loud sorta way. That and we've got three dogs who aren't shy of doing the same. Which I have to say, now I've brought it up, I'm surprised how well our dogs get along with the hens. Its almost like the dogs see the chickens as fellow pets. They'll kill a raccoon or possom, not to say they do it protectively for the chickens, but if they kill wild animals I'd naturally assume they'd kill a chicken. Thankfully that's not the case.

Another quick update with a little tinkering. Wifey wanted a breeding coop, so I just threw up a few pallets and cut one shy on one side to match the roof lines. Just to give Wifey a visual, she gave a thumbs up. When I actually get some time off I'll eventually get around to finishing them both.

Back
Top Bottom