2nd coop attempt

So another update for this weekend. My wife didn't approve the original design of the roosting spot id made. So with her suggestion of "make it look like a wide ladder" I pur this together along with a table that will hold the bucket nests. I don't have much faith that chickens will lay eggs in buckets, but she's convinced, so I do what makes Wifey happy.

Also finished the rear wall. All that's left now is roofing and a paint job. That is unless I seen go make other modifications per her direction.

Rafters are up. And as I'm sure you can see, I'm using what ever I can get my hands on. Two decking boards and a few long 2X4's that were once a deck and a shipping crate. I reached a stopping point on the roof until I can obtain a ladder.

And nearly completed my wife's breeding coop. I was determined to get some serious progress done before the next cold snap so I focused working on the little coop.

You are doing a grand job! Nothing's wrong with using what you can get...your coops are alot more professional looking than mine are and all I use are scraps/pallets too. I say looks are good but functional is great too. Ever get those weird looks when asking for or loading up free pallets or scrap lumber? Try jumping out at a redlight to 'help other motorists' by grabbing that piece of plywood from the middle of the lane! (Hey, it would be great for the back wall of a new coop!) ;-)

Back
Top Bottom