2nd Egg still super exciting!!!!!

...or you could keep feeding starter/grower/whatever and just provide oyster shell in a separate container.

You can check for eggs as often as you want, sometimes a good thing to do when birds first start laying (plus it's hard not to check frequently-haha!) But at least collect all eggs at end of day when you lock up coop for the night.

WOW I got my second egg just now slightly smaller than the first 41 grams to 43.
It was on the floor of the coop. So I don't think it was the same girl. It's been less than 18 hours after the first egg. A happy chicken keeper here. Ill try to post pics, a perfect fit. GC
[/IMG]

Frequent visits to the coop is good because they get used to your being around.......
......but don't disturb them on the nests by touching them or looking under them for eggs.
Don't want to spook them off the nests and them go find another more peaceful, 'safer' place to lay.
Wait unitl they are out of nest to take an egg.....and I like to replace real egg I take with a fake one.
Just watch quietly....I get a lot of exercise running back forth from the house to coop when pullets are coming into lay..... every year....hahaha!

Frequent visits to the coop is good because they get used to your being around.......
......but don't disturb them on the nests by touching them or looking under them for eggs.
Don't want to spook them off the nests and them go find another more peaceful, 'safer' place to lay.
Wait unitl they are out of nest to take an egg.....and I like to replace real egg I take with a fake one.
Just watch quietly....I get a lot of exercise running back forth from the house to coop when pullets are coming into lay..... every year....hahaha!

OK ... Thanks for the advice! :)

Back
Top Bottom