2nd "Triple C' coop finished!

brounii

Songster
13 Years
Aug 16, 2010
Jonesborough, TN
Hello all,

I just wanted to post a few photos of the new smaller coop we've built to home our new 8 chicks. They are now 4 wks old. The new coop is the one to the right of the existing coop. We plan on connecting the 2 runs once the chicks get older and can fend for themselves.

Picture of the inside of the coop right after we put the chicks out there today.

showing the run under the coop.

showing the trap door that leads to the run under the coop.

A couple of pictures of the poop board and roost.

And now ..... several pictures of the new chicks. (We have 2 buff orpingtons, 2 silver laced wyandottes, 2 partridge rocks, 1 australorp, and 1 double laced barnevelder.)
f

The last picture here, is the new EcoGlow heater for the chicks. We love it, and so do the chicks! So much safer than the usual heat lamp.

The storage bins that we bought at Lowe's for our nest boxes turned out great. We've had no problems with them at all. The hens do seem to want the box that's being used at the time, but what else is new, LOL.

I couldn't find them online at Lowe's. Who are they made by?

Looking at your new photos reminds me I really got to put the Ecoglow 50 away. It's been sitting in my laundry room since the chicks moved outside.
tongue.png

Here is a link to the Lowe's bins:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_149439-8424...&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=storage+bins&facetInfo=

This link was from the store in our area, but I'm sure that you could change the location and find them in your area. Good luck!

I just tried the link myself and found it just takes you to their main page, so here is the actual name of the product so you can put it in their search bar:

Blue Hawk 15.875-in W x 12.5-in H x 19-in D Navy Plastic Bin

Back
Top Bottom