2nd try...new pictures!

Jeffross1968

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Smoky Mountains
We are down to just two unknowns. I've taken some different pics and hope we can get a consensus
lol.png

We haven't named these 2 yet, in case we have to unload them for hens....so, lets call them dark and light? The first three pics will be of dark, the last 3 of light. If both birds are in the pic, the one in question is in the front...Here we go...

dark....

102_4069.jpg

102_4073.jpg

102_4092.jpg

...and light....

102_4068.jpg

102_4070.jpg

102_4100.jpg

The one that is red with white in the tail feathers is a red sexlink, and the other looks like it's either a Road island red or production red.

How old are they? Light looks like a sex-link pullet, but Dark I'm not sure on. Pretty thick legs and I think I'm seeing hackle feathers start? But if they're the same age and dark is a roo, he should have lots more characteristics. IDK.

Both roosters. Light has a roostery look to his eye, if you know what I mean. He also has a large comb and large feet. He IS colored like a Red Sexlink pullet, but he could be a Red Sexlink mixed with something else, like my rooster:
48412_liesls_pics_674.jpg

Quote:
I was thinking they both looked pretty roosterish to me as well, and I'm pretty sure dark has some pointed saddle feathers coming in. Also, your roo is a handsome guy, looks a lot like our rooster Big Daddy, except BD is hen feathered (I have no idea why).

Since we bought them at auction, I don't know the age. Gah...we're not going to get a consensus are we? LOL!!!

Yeah, we love our Roosty too! Yes, we named him roosty. Lots and lots of thought had to go into that unique name
lol.png

Cowgirl...roostery eye? Love it!

Quote:
That's just how I describe it...
roll.png

But seriously though, that is something I use to sex my birds. Once you've raised a batch or two of straight run chicks I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about.
smile.png
The roosters tend to have a more frowning and alert look to their eyes/face, whereas the hens look more sweet and calm and placid.

BTW, I would guess yours are 3-4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom