3 1/2 week old EE... Roo?

You can color sex them. The roos will feather in with black breasts (like yours is doing) and then the rest of the feathering will change as it gets older.

the smaller one, I didn't have a good shot of the breast. maybe I ought to go down and look before I jump to conclusions LOL

I just looked and it is hard to tell bc the feathers aren't coming in as much as the other one.... it does look like there might be some darker edging there.

The thing is, I wanted light colored EE's... so I asked her to pick out the lightest ones. So, she intentionally gave me the two light colored chicks she had... which werne't EE's apparently but instead the dorkings by mistake. So I really am afraid that they'll both be roos since all the chick stuff I'm reading online shows the light ones being male and dark headed ones being female. and I am SO bummed out right now! I could get Ee's, but then I'll have to put them separate since the largest chicks I have right now are already 6 1/2 weeks old. :( :( :(

now what?? anyoen have some good suggestions? I think i'll go cry now.

I just looked and it is hard to tell bc the feathers aren't coming in as much as the other one.... it does look like there might be some darker edging there.

The thing is, I wanted light colored EE's... so I asked her to pick out the lightest ones. So, she intentionally gave me the two light colored chicks she had... which werne't EE's apparently but instead the dorkings by mistake. So I really am afraid that they'll both be roos since all the chick stuff I'm reading online shows the light ones being male and dark headed ones being female. and I am SO bummed out right now! I could get Ee's, but then I'll have to put them separate since the largest chicks I have right now are already 6 1/2 weeks old. :( :( :(

now what?? anyoen have some good suggestions? I think i'll go cry now.

I would definitally contact the seller and ask her to swap out the dorkings for EE's, or at least give you your money back. Sorry.... ;( That is a really careless mistake of the breeder! She could have easily told them apart because of the fifth toe. I wouldn't buy from her again...

Yep. I contacted her and she said, does it have 5 toes? and they got switched by mistake. something about ideal sending them and they labels must have been mixed up. not sure. :( but yeah, she's going to swap them out and my friend is going to help me since I live so far and she's visiting me this week.

It is very kind of her to swap them but don't be so sad. It isn't the little birds' fault they are who and what they are. They were born that way, just like all of us, I'm sorry you are unhappy though. Some parents want girls some parents want boys, we can't help the bodies we are born into.

Back
Top Bottom