3 1/2 year old chicken no eating or drinking has an empty crop and has a gurgle here and there she will have yellow foamy spit up that she reswallows

kdim71

Chirping
6 Years
May 8, 2017
Lakehurst nj
my 3 1/2 year old chicken is not eating or drinking has a gurgle and occasionally is re swallowing a yellow foam in her mouth outside of vet any suggestions would be helpful thank you.

I emptied her crop it did smell very bad it was brown. Still labored breathing. She did within an hour later expell mostly urine i believe it was alot of thick white bowel touch of yellow.
Never vomit a chicken, they can die by aspiration of the contents into their lungs.

If it smelled then she probably has sour crop.

Never vomit a chicken, they can die by aspiration of the contents into their lungs.

If it smelled then she probably has sour crop.
I successfully without aspiration emptied the crop. After approx 1hour her labored breathing and the gurgling stopped. Thankfully it went well. Would prefer to never ever have to do that again. She is still lethargic and i did give her acv in water past 2 days not much improvement. She did eat some yogurt not much. I have been massaging in a downward motion. She did have overflow this morning. Crop is smaller. I switched up after doing some reading to garlic water no food at all. She did drink some for the rest of day i am at a loss as to what to do but make sure she continues to drink and to continue to massage and see what happens any more advise is appreciated. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom