3 & 4 week old baby chicks don't wanna eat anything else than raw rice , what should i do?

it's a cage we don't total brooder cuz we live in a apartment it's not possible, but the cage is big enough and the cage is always open so they can come out and go in whenever they like. the cage has paper flooring
A picture would still help...

Also if you live in a. Apartment what's your plan with these chicks in a few weeks when they get older?

Why did you give them raw rice instead of starter/grower crumble to begin with?
no i actually gave them starter but when they refused to eat it i tried many things cuz i was worried that they'll sterve to death. i gave many things but they obly chose to eat rice :"(

A picture would still help...

Also if you live in a. Apartment what's your plan with these chicks in a few weeks when they get older?
wait i'll upload a pic, and i'll just let them be in the house . they have full accsess to go anywhere in the apartment they like so if they grow up it won't be a problem

the cage is always open so they can come out but they used to come out but past 3 days they stoped coming out and doesn't even stand up. they don't eat anything else then rice. :"[ i am really afriad they'll streve so i hand feed them other things. more than eating started they like to sleep on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-03-20-59-22.png
    Screenshot_2022-09-03-20-59-22.png
    590.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2022-09-03-20-59-25.png
    Screenshot_2022-09-03-20-59-25.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 9
Feces every where. I can't read anymore.
i saw things like chikem diapers? that u tie to the chiken tail maybe i'll get some of these. so they won't be messy eveywhere. They are not that messy they usially go to the cage and then poo

They are not eating because they are likely dying.

This should be a lesson that you cannot get animals because they are cute and cuddly. You must provide them with what they need to thrive. Chickens are barnyard animals not pets you can keep in an apartment. They need sun, dirt, bugs...

This should be a lesson that you cannot get animals because they are cute and cuddly. You must provide them with what they need to thrive. Chickens are barnyard animals not pets you can keep in an apartment. They need sun, dirt, bugs...
i had many chicks before they grew up pretty big well and strong but these two seems very weak :"[ i mean the other ones did really just fine even they used to eat everything . i kept them the same way :"[ i had 12 pet chicks before :"[ thought they would also make it , i understand. but anything i can do for now?

we have plenty of sunlight and i keep them out in the belcony in the daytime they have sandboxs for dust baths too..it's totally fine overall just the eating is very bad :""[

Back
Top Bottom