3 Cornish Rocks for "cheep"! - TX

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by louis, Dec 15, 2009.

1. louis

louis Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2009
    Texas Hill Country
    I had a mixed flock (broilers/layers) and have 3 lucky cornish x who never saw the chopping block. The freezer's full and I don't feel like butchering anymore anyways so if I could get $10 to (almost) pay for a bag a feed I would consider my time with them worth it.

About the chickens: Cornish Rock (aka Cornish X) meat birds. Approx. 8 lbs per bird, conservatively. All pullets. Healthy, lively and full of attitude. Very tame but they will peck at your hand if they think it has food. Age 7 months so if butchering it should be done ASAP (I kept putting it off). It's possible they lay every once in a while but I don't want to promise egg production. I don't manage my flock production so couldn't guess but I do know I suddenly get 2 extra eggs every now and then.

I hope to get pictures on here soon but if you do a Google image search for "Cornish Rock" I promise they look just like the results. Exact location is Comfort, TX just off I-10. And this is for pick-up only-no shipping.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by