3 day old Button Quail chick CROWING!?!?!- WITH VIDEO Recording of it!

Too CUTE
thumbsup.gif

Since the white in the pic appears to be on the wing are you sure it is not a pied? I love those!

You're right, the reddish stripe is normal color- which I love too.

I will take some pics tomorrow of mine when I take them for the sale :-(

Quote:
OH im deffinatly sure it IS a pied
smile.png
They call it "splash" as well but the technical term is Pied I just found out
big_smile.png
I'd love to see your chicks!
smile.png
you prob already put em up on the sale page i'll have to check it out soon!
smile.png

HI Monarc23, I actually ( gasp) gave 4 away! It was sooo hard to do. But we have a terrific store nearby that I get loads of stuff from, and they have this crested gecko I want ( $70) for my classroom so I am working up for a trade.

I do not think my quail minded too much, though I fretted about it. They just went on with their lives :)

However, I am going to sell a few more, and if my next hatch does hatch, Monday, I will take/sell some of them right away so they imprint on humans.

Anyone in my area looking for buttons?
smile.png

Last edited:
How cute! Mine are two weeks old tomorrow and still just peep! Love the colors - I've got pieds as well as pure whites, grays, and a dark blue that I thought was almost black until it got loose and I had to catch it. Finally got a good look at it and YEP - dark blue!!

My SIL sends me eggs from SC and the best I can do so far is a 50% hatch rate with shipped eggs. My gray one is laying daily now so I'm hoping for a better hatch rate with my own eggs.

Quote:
awwwh a dark blueee *heart melts*!!! I am deffinatly getting more eggs shipped to me next summer (well teh first ones i picked up from a local breeder but she doesnt have any blue faced ones---is there solid blue ones *dies if there is* )!! LOL!

Heres what Pippin looks like today...his feathers are starting to come in...the pied is starting to shoooow!

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

annnd my hen just started laying again she stopped when i brought her home, and finnally almost over 2 weeks later i get an egg! I'm hoping therse another in there tomorrow so I can collect about seven for another clutch in the incubator!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I wish i was close!!! as for trading them on working up enough to get that crested gecko!!! that's awesome
big_smile.png
Yeah im sure they could give a hoot less.
big_smile.png

Awwww!!!! How do you get him to stand still??? I tried to get pics but they just won't stop. Here's the blue and gray ones:

DSC03531.jpg

And my two week old babies:

DSC03534.jpg

Lots of pure whites in this batch. Hard to tell that the dark one in the first pic is blue. I asked DD to hold it while I got a pic for you but she was half asleep on the couch. This was the best I could do...

Edited to add my snack pic - the gray one (I think) lays an egg a day now. These are the first 8:

DSC03530.jpg

Last edited:
Cindy, You are too funny! I have been thinking about eating those eggs, but am squeamish or something
lol.png

Adorable pics, both of you!

I looked over mine again ( don't we always) and see they all are blue faced, kind of dirty looking with the yellow fuzz . I think I have three cinnamon blue faced, one maybe a gray form cinnamon blue face. Though to be honest they look like they may be double factor as they seem so blue. Also a normal redbreasted though it may be blue faced too if such a thing exists :)

No pics today, I will take some tomorrow for you to see.

Oh, and I had a partridge silkie hatch today! OMG- she is adorable! Her hatch mates have not made a peep, so she is crying for me. Hopefully they will hatch on schedule tomorrow.

Jayne

Quote:
awh congrats on the silkieeeee i wanna see a pic of her too!!
wink.png
LOL! Bring on those button picturse too i loooove the blue faces!!!! I still have a ton more tolearn about genetics though in the button quail realm. For some reason eating button quail eggs makes me kinda squeemish too which is really silly since i just happily ate 4 boiled chicken eggs today...go figure....silly...silly me....

Quote:
wooooooow i want a solid dark bluuue one like that!! i had no idea those exsisted!!! gimmie gimmie!!!! Hey dont be boilin those blues eggs sell em to meeeeee
wink.png
!!! Actaully, im afraid to get anymore eggs shipped until spring/summer, are you offering any of your buttons eggs for shipping sale?? If so, put me on a list seriously! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom