3 ducks and 6 hens looking for new homes

mkhumphrey

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
There are 3 pekin ducks. 1 female, 1 male and 1 imprint that I think is a female but he/she has not hit puberty yet. The male and female are 8 months old and have been together since hatching. The imprint is 3 - 3 1/2 months old and is scared of male ducks but will very slowly warm up to submissive female ducks. The imprint use to be very social with humans but when my son and I were in the hospital he became nervous because he was without human contact for awhile. I think he could be happy with females or reintroduced to humans as an indoor pet. The hens were purchased from tractor supply and there was no breed named. They are reddish brown and white. They are about 8 1/2 months old. They don't want to be caught and carried around but they don't pitch a fit if you do it anyways. They are use to people and as long as you don't chase them they don't care if your around.

Hi there! I am desperate need of Pekin hens this spring! My flock is split in half with 5 being Pekins. Over the fall, I lost a couple of hens to a 50 pound snapping turtle in our pond. Thankfully, we caught and killed the sucker after I had to save a fawn runner from being taken under. (His name is Lucky) We have a huge pond that is about 2 acres in length, and for now, is without snapping turtles. I am raising fawn runners, blue, black and silver swedes and Pekins this yr. Hopefully we will be adding 2 saxony ducks to our family by summertime....depends if I go crazy just trying to keep everyone in their own pen at night for breeding. Anyways, my ducks live in paradise in southwest va. I need Pekin hens so bad because I have 3 drakes to 2 hens. Last yr there were only 2 drakes to 5 and I sometimes I had to seperate some of the ladies to take a break for a few days. Those guys are rough on them. I want to breed and sell, but refuse to watch my hens get beat up over the first few months of spring! My only solution is more hens for this season, but I need to adopt ones of laying age. And I can't afford to pay adult prices for multiples this month. I can assure you that your ducks will always be pets and never eaten. I promise they will get the best food, attention and health care. On my farm, the animals are like my children. I assure you they will be together always. I promise they will always be free range w/shelter. I promise I will NEVER make them live in a pen for every hour of their days. They will ALWAYS have tons of friends on a huge pond until they pass. All the ducks get treats, inspections, shelters, emergency care, fish, snails, slugs, pond scum, water critters, and even lots of love from (gentle) local kids that come by the farm to learn or to get photographed by me during the spring. (I am also a photographer) Easter portraits are how I started raising ducks in the first place :) Please let me know if you still have the Pekin hens as we NEED them soon!! My email is [email protected]
Thanks for your time,
Sarah

If you are close to me, San Diego, I would be interested. We would like some ducks as we have none and more chickens as we are just getting set up.

How would they get from Alabama to Virginia? Also my male and one of my females have been together since hatching and I don't want to upset and stress them by separating them. Would that be a problem?
Hi there! I am desperate need of Pekin hens this spring! My flock is split in half with 5 being Pekins. Over the fall, I lost a couple of hens to a 50 pound snapping turtle in our pond. Thankfully, we caught and killed the sucker after I had to save a fawn runner from being taken under. (His name is Lucky) We have a huge pond that is about 2 acres in length, and for now, is without snapping turtles. I am raising fawn runners, blue, black and silver swedes and Pekins this yr. Hopefully we will be adding 2 saxony ducks to our family by summertime....depends if I go crazy just trying to keep everyone in their own pen at night for breeding. Anyways, my ducks live in paradise in southwest va. I need Pekin hens so bad because I have 3 drakes to 2 hens. Last yr there were only 2 drakes to 5 and I sometimes I had to seperate some of the ladies to take a break for a few days. Those guys are rough on them. I want to breed and sell, but refuse to watch my hens get beat up over the first few months of spring! My only solution is more hens for this season, but I need to adopt ones of laying age. And I can't afford to pay adult prices for multiples this month. I can assure you that your ducks will always be pets and never eaten. I promise they will get the best food, attention and health care. On my farm, the animals are like my children. I assure you they will be together always. I promise they will always be free range w/shelter. I promise I will NEVER make them live in a pen for every hour of their days. They will ALWAYS have tons of friends on a huge pond until they pass. All the ducks get treats, inspections, shelters, emergency care, fish, snails, slugs, pond scum, water critters, and even lots of love from (gentle) local kids that come by the farm to learn or to get photographed by me during the spring. (I am also a photographer) Easter portraits are how I started raising ducks in the first place :) Please let me know if you still have the Pekin hens as we NEED them soon!! My email is [email protected]
Thanks for your time,
Sarah

Last edited:
It could be a problem considering I have so many drakes. A couple of the Pekin ones are very dominant. This would be stressful for yours and I want to be honest with you. I am a very caring owner, but I see your drake adding to the problem. I would want someone to care of my babies enough to tell me it couldn't work. I am also the type to not lie and slaughter when i adopt, it's imposrtant to me. Thank you so much for offering.

Back
Top Bottom