3 hatched out eggs from dead mother ??

strangeanimal

Songster
Mar 21, 2017
Belgium
Three chicks ! out of ' nowhere ' from eggs that were hidden en taken care of by their mum who is now dead , what to do ??
Plus these chicks' mother had the sickness from snott in here , how about them ? how to raise them if you are unable to get chickfeeds for two weeks ????
plus they look hungry since a few hours ago , born today in the noon while sun gave quite hot temp :(

Isolate them and get them under a heat lamp asap! No feed? That may be tough, mix a little banana with yogurt. Also have clean water. You'll need to get some grit SMALL enough for them. The feed you feed the adults, is it pellet or crumbles? Either way, grind some up as fine as you can and it'll have to do until you can get chick feed. They may not eat on this first day anyway. Be extra careful to arch for 'pasty butt' if they're not on regular chick feed.

Isolate them and get them under a heat lamp asap! No feed? That may be tough, mix a little banana with yogurt. Also have clean water. You'll need to get some grit SMALL enough for them. The feed you feed the adults, is it pellet or crumbles? Either way, grind some up as fine as you can and it'll have to do until you can get chick feed. They may not eat on this first day anyway. Be extra careful to arch for 'pasty butt' if they're not on regular chick feed.
Hi ty ! well , the feedstore didn't have any ( lots of folks having chicks now or don't need the chickfeed anymore ... they said it will be about two weeks from now ! I think I go nuts ) and the other shops are totally out of my reach now , also not knowing they got it but I do assume they usually do , well this one usually does bit not now :( also did I not expect any youngsters ! How is that even possible ??? I have no idea about when , from which hen , could be of a free ranger or the flock on the ground but they were all sick so I'm not even able to get them a good start in life , they look btw very ' independent ' yet too tiny , found the clutch now as they started to run to that spot and there were 5 more eggs , I do hope these don't hatch anymore right ??? Their mother passed two days from now ??
Grit small is not an issue , bananas too , yogurt too but does it need to be any specific one ?? and how come these hatched ?? I wasn't sure what I heard when I got outside , I assumed birds , neighbours and it occured to me that something was moving that was not looking like a cat ... even odd she didn't eat them ! I assumed a cat would easily make them a prey or is that a wrong idea ? I have putted them in a wired cage outside , actually an old flexarium so they can't get out yet get lots of sun and fresh air in it , they do not look as they are having cold in fact but wasn't sure what to do , so I putted them like half an hour later inside and they are so noisy now ? oh and how about oatmeal crushed with milk ? cooked some eggs now too so curious how they react to this .... keeping this up 2 date !

Can maybe order some food off Amazon or some other website, shipping generally doesnt take two weeks on that. Just because it's an emergency...

What do you feed your adult flock? Maybe can start with that as your base recipe and adjust according to nutrition requirements.

little scrambled eggs would be okay. Oatmeal would be okay once they get some grit onto them. As for being cold ... they need the temperature to be 95 degrees or so.

Back
Top Bottom