3 little mystery bantams

TippiePerkins

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2015
Missouri, USA
I picked these chicks up from a "Special Straight Run Bantam" bin at Atwoods. I'm really pretty new to this but the first one looks like maybe a Silky cause its super fluffy and has blue/grey 5 toed feathered feet. The other two, I have no clue about. One is black with white on its face, wing tips and belly. And the other is white with dark color on its wings. I swear one of the 3 makes almost a pigeon cooing noise. I know it'll be easier to determine as they get older but is there anything at this age that gives breed away to anyone? I'm still learning and any help is very appreciated! Thanks :)
(*the 2nd and 3rd pics are the same chick)

Those chicks are adorable!
1f60a.png
I have 2 bantams! When mine were that small, they were tinier than other chicks because of the breed, they usually don't grow up to be the size of other chickens. Also, bantams are known for their feathery legs! Usually the feathers don't grow on their legs until they are a couple of weeks old, though. Best of luck to you and your flock!
1f604.png
My chickens are very sweet and cuddly, and they LOVE to eat!
1f414.png

Those chicks are adorable!
1f60a.png
I have 2 bantams! When mine were that small, they were tinier than other chicks because of the breed, they usually don't grow up to be the size of other chickens. Also, bantams are known for their feathery legs! Usually the feathers don't grow on their legs until they are a couple of weeks old, though. Best of luck to you and your flock!
1f604.png
My chickens are very sweet and cuddly, and they LOVE to eat!
1f414.png

Thanks! I have 4 now. they're pretty cool, and all so different looking. Only the one has feathered 5 toed feet. I just realized it didn't post the pic of the black/white one. Now it doesn't seem to want to let me lol. What breed do you have?

Mine are black bantams, here's a picture of the rooster You can see the tail feathers of my hen right beside him
1f601.png
I think the black ones are beautiful that's why I got the two dark chicks. But I have no idea what breeds/mixes I actually got lol. I have definitely lots of research still to do :)

Me too! When I first got them I wasn't sure if I had bantams or cochins, they're pretty much the same thing I guess though haha :D
Best of luck! :cd  

There bantam cochins as well...as there are a variety of bantam breeds like the larger chickens. Or I'm understanding this all wrong lol. I initially thought maybe the "silky" chick (if that's even what it is) was a Cochin bantam...

Lol, I'm probably thinking all wrong too, but I think there is a Cochin breed, then there is a Bantam breed, they're similar (I'm thinking) but not exactly the same thing
yippiechickie.gif

(I'm most likely wrong haha)

Back
Top Bottom