3 month old Buff Orpington, do we have a Roo?

If it makes u feel Any better its still got another momth or two before it tries to crow. It will be big enough by then too tomdecide if u wana send it to butcher camp yourself or sell it to someone who is lookin for New flockmastrr or supper.

personally the roos i hatch out i wait til 5-6 months and examine behavior to decide if it goes to butcher block, sell, or breeder

Well based on what you're all telling me I gotta figure out what to do with TWO roosters, not just the EE.

I have the number of a local farmer that the feed store gave me when I called them that supposedly takes roosters. That will most likely be our exit plan. I have a 6/4/2 year olds that are quite attached to them though :/

What is the general consensus on no-crow collars in this forum? Roosters aren't banned in my city, but we do have a good relationship with our neighbors that we'd like to maintain :/

And to think I literally just finished building this coop today for these 6 what I thought to be LADIES :(

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 7
I personally think if you can't let a rooster be a rooster, don't keep them. You also have to consider with a ratio of 2:4, you very well may have some bald and over-bred ladies in the future.

Your coop is cute! Y'all did a fantastic job on it.

Alright, then my next question becomes how quickly do I need to get rid of them? I have a local farmer that supposedly takes roosters, but haven't called yet.

Can I wait until they actually crow or are they already doing harm by having 2 potential roosters among 4 hens?

Back
Top Bottom