3 month old Pullets/Cockerel? Updated Pics

lindseyawest

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
Northern California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi All,
These two came from a breeder who shows Ameraucanas. My assumption would be that they're Ameraucanas, but one looks pretty different from the other in face shape, so wanted to verify and see what you all think for breed?

Also, they have different comb size and shape (I think), but we're wondering if the all gray/blue one (on the left) is possibly a cockerel? I'll try and add a profile shot, but the all gray/blue one has a shorter rump than the one on the right.

TIA!

Last edited:
So the Ameraucana breeder tends to sell her chicks that don't look like they will be show quality and from what I was reading from the link Chicken Girl 1 was sharing, if it's a bird bred from Ameraucanas but doesn't meet the standard, they are called Easter Eggers...so these would be Easter Eggers?

The entirely blue one has what looks like a pea comb and the brown and blue looks like it has a single, but it's a much smaller comb, so maybe I'm wrong?

Any ideas on sexing them, especially the all blue?

They are definitely EEs. The blue one is looking like a male. The other one has the colors of a male but has the face of a female. So I'm not sure on that one

Last edited:
*sigh* How did I get such beginner's luck that of my 5 birds, 2-3 are probably cockerels :\ Thankfully the EEs came from a very nice man who I know will exchange them for pullets if they both are indeed cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom