3 month old Welsummer

Nmarine1057

Crowing
11 Years
May 31, 2011
Byhalia Ms
Hey guys just wondering if it is normal for a 3 month old welsummer rooster to have a little white on his tail feathers?

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics. I'm hoping this color will go away when he gets older.

Wellie.jpg

Wellie2.jpg

lol, I called the guy i bought him from and he said that they all have white under their main feathers and they will grow over....the dad of this bird was beautiful and he said he would end up looking like him. I even told him i was planing on mating him. So you guys are saying he's not a good breeding bird?

Well, the white fluff would not be too much of a problem but it can be weeded out by selective breedings however if you have WHITE anywhere on the feathers, you don't need to breed him for more Wellies. He would be OK for other breeds if you want to cross breed.

White feathers are a problem with Welsummers but alot of breeders cull those out totally from the breed because it is NOT a Welsummer trait to have white feathers anywhere in the body.

PM this guy's name.....he is a bit young but I like his comb! His neck feathers have too much black in them.

The other pictures showed grey pattern, not sure if it is the flash or the green sheen it shined off the feathers or is it actually grey in color on the feathers.

The fluffy grey softer part not a problem if that is the color which it is correct.

Back
Top Bottom