3 months old pullet sick not sure what it is

chickenshiha

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
palestine
hi this week my 3 month old chick is not looking well she often sleeps and not active much like the others she has her head close to her body and walks with her head clos to her body she eats a lot and today she went bug hunting but when shes over she looks sick and weak she wasn't like this always head up and more active she is running a bit I gave them some oregano and some garlic in their water and feed (I don't like using antibotics and other non natural medicine) and some acv should I sta like this as I put this stuff today I some time feed them weed and they are free ranged so I don't give them mush feed except on cold days PLEASE HELP shes the best one I have

It could be a nutritional problem if they don't get much feed. I'd give her some probiotics. perhaps some plain yogurt. Also put some sugar or honey in the water to give her an energy boost. Then give her more of a complete poultry feed.
Growing birds need a lot of protein and complete nutrition. Some meat or fish wouldn't hurt at all.

Last edited:
It could be a nutritional problem if they don't get much feed. I'd give her some probiotics. perhaps some plain yogurt. Also put some sugar or honey in the water to give her an energy boost. Then give her more of a complete poultry feed.
Growing birds need a lot of protein and complete nutrition. Some meat or fish wouldn't hurt at all
I was thinking about sugar but was afraid of something bad would happen I used to feed my old flock meat as treats but this year I didn't she gets lots of protein from free ranging I will try the yogurt should I use goats or cows (I don't like using probiotics and we don't sell it were we live)

I was thinking about sugar but was afraid of something bad would happen I used to feed my old flock meat as treats but this year I didn't she gets lots of protein from free ranging I will try the yogurt should I use goats or cows (I don't like using probiotics and we don't sell it were we live)

you can ferment chicken feed or wheat to make natural probiotics. any yogurt would do.

Back
Top Bottom