3 part staggered hatch, Wynette, Speckledhen, scbatz33 eggs new photos

Home from work. I came home for lunch at 6 PM and saw the one I knew was about out. Home now at 1150PM, and there are at least 5 fuzzy butts runnin' around in there! YAY! ! ! I do not want to open it until tomorrow. I know 2 are Marans. I still see 2 light blue eggs not hatched. I don't know really what I have yet! Just now one that popped is a SPPR, from the egg carton. Hey I like this egg carton "POP!"
176.gif
176.gif
176.gif
176.gif
176.gif

Last edited:
OK, ready for chickie overload? ..... Heck, I don't know who is who! The last ones are of the EE that is brown (from yesterday). However, I now have one just like your picture too! Exactly! I still have peeping going on, and I have 13 out now. The biggest darkest Marans egg is peeping, and has pipped more than 24 hours ago. I hope it makes it out! Soon, I will think about helping it ... I KNOW, you do not recomend that, BUT, I hear it peeping!

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_026.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_033.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_010.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_023.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_005.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_024.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_004.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_017.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_016.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_042.jpg

Last edited:
I had to change the subject line in my topic. Grandma Wynette, I hope you don't mind.
big_smile.png
By the way, today is day 20 for the Lavendar Orp project eggs. I don't think any of them have pipped yet.

I now have 14 out ...

Last edited:
Congrats Kathy! May your Lavendar POPPERS like the carton too and pop out just as nicely as the others.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

They're adorable. I'm afraid the blues and lavs are still my favorite colors at hatch.
smile.png
Sigh... but gosh they're all soo cute.

Luck.

15 .... We have 15! I'm callin' it done. I'm good with 15!
smile.png
I pulled the others. They all developed fully. One was shrink wrapped. Why, when none of the others were?
hu.gif
Two had pipped and quit. The 2 light blue eggs were side by side, and when I opened them, they looked exactly alike.

I really think they all could have made it, (yes, shipped eggs) if the temperature and humidity were equal in all areas of the bator. My theory is that it is bator function (or lack of). I have tried this new thermometer in all different areas, and each is a different temperature .... a large variation. This is with a fan.

The last 3 are still in the bator fluffing up. When they are done, I will prepare for the Lavender Orps. I highly recommend Wynette's eggs. Excellent packaging, and they made the trip easily. Shop Wynette for eggcelent results!
thumbsup.gif

Kathy, I think some eggs just ARE more porous, because I'll have that shrink wrap thing happen with like one egg in three dozen sometimes.

But yes, I think some bators just have issues no matter what you do. I had one like that. Tossed it out eventually.

This last hatch had way too many backwards chicks in it, that doesn't usually happen in the numbers it did this time. The old folks say it's harder to hatch this time of year, maybe that's part of the problem.

Best of luck with the Lavendars... I'm
fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
caf.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom