Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2010
Creswell, Oregon
Barred Rock?
57277_miscnov2010_022.jpg

EE's?
57277_miscnov2010_017.jpg

They are not EEs at all. The one on the right in the pic of two boys is a Black Sexlink rooster. The one on the left, I don't know what it is, except male, and probably mixed. The one in the crate is probably a Barred Rock--can't see the hackles well to say for sure if it's BR or a black sexlink rooster, though.

Easter Eggers usually have pea combs, not big single combs like those two pictured together.

My barred rock roo has very yellow legs. Colors are similar but legs are much different. I wonder if it is a cuckoo maran rooster? Most cuckoo's that I've seen have pinkish clean legs. Sorry I can't be more help.

Nope, not a Salmon Faverolle by a long shot, sorry.

The "barred rock" is actually either a Cuckoo Marans or a mutt. (shank and foot color is wrong) The one in the photo with the black and white rooster is a Sexlink cockerel.

The black and white one is not an Easter Egger, but likely just some random mutt. Does it have feathered shanks? They look very lightly feathered but I can't tell.

Quote:
the first one could very likely be a hatchery (Barred Rock), and the two others could be EE, i know most some people only recognize pea combed birds as EE, but any chicken that lays a blue, green, or similar shade egg can be considered an EE. Also, i have herd from some people that only pea combed chickens can cary green egg genes but that is not correct, how do i know? because i have single combed green egg layers

Last edited:
Quote:
the first one could very likely be a hatchery (Barred Rock), and the two others could be EE, i know most some people only recognize pea combed birds as EE, but any chicken that lays a blue, green, or similar shade egg can be considered an EE. Also, i have herd from some people that only pea combed chickens can cary green egg genes but that is not correct, how do i know? because i have single combed green egg layers

I'd like to see the combs of these "single combed green egg layers"

The two are not Easter Eggers because they display absolutely no traits of an Easter Egger. Their leg color is not common for EE's, their body color is not common for EE's, and they have large single combs with large wattles.

Back
Top Bottom