3 week old chick

Oh yes pictures yes please
big_smile.png

Has anybody got a great idea in how I can keep babychick warm when I take it outside in a separate cage to join the rest of the hatch. This way it is safe but there is no one to warm it if the sun is not shining. Inside the waterbottle does the trick but outside it will cool off so rapidly that I will not be able to look after my company anymore

Has anybody got a great idea in how I can keep babychick warm when I take it outside in a separate cage to join the rest of the hatch. This way it is safe but there is no one to warm it if the sun is not shining. Inside the waterbottle does the trick but outside it will cool off so rapidly that I will not be able to look after my company anymor

If the chick cannot be looked after in the coop then you'll need to look after it inside. Its so young and it needs lots of warmth.

I know but at the same time I want him to get used to his hatch and the hen. I will not let him freeze but I thought maybe someone has a brilliant idea on how to keep him warm. We'll see what the weather brings. At least he is a greedy eater and is full of beans since he does eat. Had to make him a higher nest since he tried to jump out :)

Its good that the chick is so lively. Maybe keep him inside but bring him out occasionally to spend time with the rest of them if its warm enough. I don't know how old your chick is but maybe look up what temperature it needs for its age.

Last edited:
I know but at the same time I want him to get used to his hatch and the hen. I will not let him freeze but I thought maybe someone has a brilliant idea on how to keep him warm. We'll see what the weather brings. At least he is a greedy eater and is full of beans since he does eat. Had to make him a higher nest since he tried to jump out :)
Nice, great job you did, saving that little one!!! I really don't know, I don't like putting heat lamps in barns or coops, too much of a fire hazard...sorry I can't help, hope someone cam come up with a great idea for you though!!! Keep up the great work!

I surely will keep up with it since it is so wake up and allive. Did not think it would make it but it does. I never wanted a house chicken since I have a cat and a dog too but it seems it will be staying until it has feathers to keep it warm

Back
Top Bottom