3 week old chick

I know but at least I went out at the exact right time to save the other one...
It's ok, as long as she has you she doesn't need another :p
Yeah, I try to reply to everything that I can because I have been in their place and I know what it is like to wait for replies when you are desperate not that you are desperate or anything . :p
She is so adorable btw! :D

yeah that's lucky!
Aha, i think she thinks im her mum.
Yeah I would too if i had a clue :)

Aww thanks :), not so adorable when she wants your attention at 6 in the morning :p

Yeah my chick thought I was its mom until I got him the other one, now they have teamed up on me and every time I go to catch them they run the opposite way. :/ :p
Haha, I am guessing you have her inside? :p
What did the mom and other baby die from?

Last edited:
Aha, aww. So you had a roo first. What did your second one turn out to be?
Yeah, stays in my room for safety and company but is growing too quickly to stay there for much longer.

Not sure what the mum died from. Tried to get her out occasionally and make sure she was eating and drinking. But one morning we found her dead on the coop floor. We had been taking the eggs away from her as we didn't want any new additions but somehow she managed to hatch two eggs. Without their mum all night they were too cold. Although we managed to save this fighter when we found her in the morning.

Aha, aww. So you had a roo first. What did your second one turn out to be?
Yeah, stays in my room for safety and company but is growing too quickly to stay there for much longer.

Not sure what the mum died from. Tried to get her out occasionally and make sure she was eating and drinking. But one morning we found her dead on the coop floor. We had been taking the eggs away from her as we didn't want any new additions but somehow she managed to hatch two eggs. Without their mum all night they were too cold. Although we managed to save this fighter when we found her in the morning.

No, I don't know what they are yet, they are only two weeks old...
I just call them what ever I feel like, either he or she. :p
That is so sad... :(

Aww cute. Can i see a picture? At least if you have two you can compare them as they grow.
yeah, its sad but we're glad we managed to save this one.

HI!!
Im pretty sure that little chick you have there is a Buff Orphington. I myself have a 3 week buff orphington and they look almost identical. Good Luck!

Oh yay, thanks for your post :). I thought it must be even though its quite a dark honey colour and has black speckles.
I don't suppose yours has a pinky comb like ours does?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom