3 week old Speckled Sussex gender? UPDATE: 7 week old pics!

Pics

Here he /she is. I'll try and get better pics soon
Thank you!
MB
How old? The white has me concerned but it depends on age.

Ok I just got some better pictures. Here IT is at 9 weeks

Have at it! Please give me your thoughts!!
Much appreciated!
MB

Last edited:
I have a question regarding Speckled Sussex, might help you, i'm not trying to highjack your thread :)
From a different post I was told these are both SS, a roo and a pullet. The one I think is a roo has a big comb but a short tail and the pulley has a long tail. Is this breed specific as I thought roosters developed longer tail feathers first

Here are some pictures:
My roo first ?

My pullet?

ignore the big guy in the back
smile.png

No Hi Jacking at all, I am so happy you responded! Yes, I have read the same thing...and am hoping that is true, because then I think I may have a pullet after all! The coloring of their feathers is lighter brown on the outside, with a thinner stripe of brown inside, which make the feathers look pointy, but today when I looked closely, I saw some of her feathers are more rounded. I swear, this must be a tricky breed to sex, as I have found quite a few SS sexing threads on here. I also read the body shape for the roo is more rounded and the pullets are longer and more rectangular.

Thanks for your pictures and input!

MB

pop.gif
idunno.gif
Any one want to help a member out on this one.? I am wondering about the above posts with peeps with Speckled Sussex with gender help.

THanks
mB

I will be interested to hear what you find out, too. I just got two 6 wk old chicks and one has an awfully large comb, especially in comparison. Of course, where I live no roos are allowed. I will post pics of mine, when I get some good ones. That will be my 3rd cockerel, so far, this spring-figures!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom