3 week old true Ameraucana gender help

Hi  this is gramma Bonnie.  Read my thread, someone just told me the opposite.  Pink comb girls, red right away are boys.  Will be interesting to see if one is right or both.  Good luck.   I have several diff breeds of chicks, only two alike.  Only my black copper maran is developing a red comb.  Hope this is true. 
thats not true for every breed. Some like EE take a little while to develop. Also EE cockerels usually have 3 rows on pea comb, like the one in picture.

I decided to just hold on to them a bit longer. Though I don't see chicks 1 and 3 being pullets ever lol they have had major comb development, with thread pea rows, and they are turnin pink already.

So they're now 4 weeks old and some one wants to buy two ameraucana Roos today. I am pretty comfortable with chick number 1 being a boy but I wanted to post pics of chick number 3 again to see what you all think before I sell them.

Chick 1, roo getting pink in comb

Here is chick 2 for comparison, prob pullet

And here is chick 3, suspected roo and getting pink in comb

So what do you think now with chicks 1-3?
I will take some more of chicks 4-5 soon and post but I am waiting longer to sell them to be sure...
I am not 100%, but your guess looks like what I would have guessed. I am in the same situation with my 2 week old Lavender Ameraucanas. Please let me know what you end up with and I will post pictures of mine for opinions soon.
thumbsup.gif

[COLOR=800080]Any guesses on the sex of these chicks?? They are Lavender Ameraucana[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080] [/COLOR] #1 Pullet? #2 roo?? #3 pullet, I think #4.. this is Little Bit. Pullet?
I can't see well so I am not sure but I would guess you have a fair few boys there. It is still early so they will change ant hopefully become more obvious. Maybe more pics close up of comb and full body pics? Mine are 5 weeks old now and still hard to tell though I know for sure 2 boys and 1 girl, and two unknown still (thinking one roo and one pullet). I will post new pics soon for opinions :/)

I can't see well so I am not sure but I would guess you have a fair few boys there. It is still early so they will change ant hopefully become more obvious.
Maybe more pics close up of comb and full body pics?

Mine are 5 weeks old now and still hard to tell though I know for sure 2 boys and 1 girl, and two unknown still (thinking one roo and one pullet). I will post new pics soon for opinions
hmm.png
)
If anyone was curious, my guess on the sex of the chicks was correct.

These two are pullets

These two were cockerels that were rehomed.

So they're now 4 weeks old and some one wants to buy two ameraucana Roos today. I am pretty comfortable with chick number 1 being a boy but I wanted to post pics of chick number 3 again to see what you all think before I sell them.

Chick 1, roo getting pink in comb

Here is chick 2 for comparison, prob pullet

And here is chick 3, suspected roo and getting pink in comb

So what do you think now with chicks 1-3?
I will take some more of chicks 4-5 soon and post but I am waiting longer to sell them to be sure...

Back
Top Bottom