3 weeks later 1 Roo?

ceeceeholt

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
Alabama
My Babies are now 12 weeks and 9 weeks. I am still questioning 2 of the EE's and pretty sure the Cuckoo Marans is a boy. What do ya'll think?
Ike is 9 weeks old and I think he is a Roo. Very red comb and wattles for about, well forever they came in red. Very slow to feather in unlike his hatch mate Tina, stocky legs.
103921_ike_and_tina.jpg

103921_ike.jpg

103921_ike_c.jpg

Hershey I think is a girl, but her tail feathers sure are green when the sun hits them. Everyone voted girl last time, still think so?
103921_hershey_c.jpg

103921_hershey_b.jpg

Butterfinger is the last one, everyone was on the fence on her?
103921_butter_a.jpg

Thank you all, everyone has been so helpful!

The EE's are 12 weeks and the cuckoo is 9 weeks!

Looks like a Roo to me. Was he supposed to be a hen, but turned out to be a rooster? That happened to one of six of my first purchase of chicks. The rooster, however, is absolutely beautiful and the neighbors say they love his crowing. It reminds them of their childhood days. All four sets of our neighbors said that.

Thanks everyone, I thought the cuckoo was a boy from the beginning. He looked and acted totally different then then Tina his hatchmate. His color is different and I was hoping that he was a Roo. The black EE Hershey, I was hoping was a Roo, but she'll be a great hen I'm sure, she is stunning in person!

The first one is a roo for sure. Hershey looks a lot like one of my girls named Friendly...her tail feathers (and even the black on her hackle feathers) shines this really bright green in the sunlight. Very pretty! She's my favorite one can you tell? lol Butterfinger looks almost exactly like my girl Brunhilda.
smile.png
Both definitely EE pullets.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom