3 wonderful, healthy hens - SE PA 19473

needsnewbrain

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
Hi!
I have found out that I have until mid-July to move out, and I won't be able to take my ladies with me. These three are great layers, and are just now about 2.5 years old.
One is a speckled sussex - Valerie, one a blue polish - Pepper, and the other a production red hybrid - Red.
Valerie and Red are easy to catch, although not in any way "cuddly" and they will follow you around. Pepper is docile once you've got her, but she is easily startled. Valerie and Pepper began life as a 4H project for neighbors, and the same kids adopted Red before she was laying, and when the hens were a year old, the kids decided to start over with chicks, and we took on four of the hens - one red was lost to an unknown animal. Red had her beak filed before the neighbors got her, but she has plenty left and eats without trouble. Red will peck at you if you have food and she wants it, but not hard and not maliciously.

Pepper went broody one time last year and showed signs that she'd be a fine mama hen, but breaking her out of it was no challenge, and she was back with the mini-flock within a few days, and I've heard that Polish hens often make fine sitters. They would be a good start for a small flock, too. I'm sure with a single roo, they would make some crazy looking backyard breeding stock!

Pepper lays medium white eggs that are somewhat oblong, Valerie and Red both lay brown eggs of varying shades. Pepper and Valerie lay about 4-5 eggs/week during warm months and slow or cease laying during winter. Red lays all year long, and in mid-Spring and mid-Autumn will lay every day.

I would like all three to go together.

If you are interested, please PM me. I am willing to travel up to half an hour from 19473 to deliver the girls, or further if we come to a good agreement.

These girls have been such a pleasure to have around, and their eggs are delicious with good thick shells. Help me find them a good home!

-NNB

Hi!
I have found out that I have until mid-July to move out, and I won't be able to take my ladies with me. These three are great layers, and are just now about 2.5 years old.
One is a speckled sussex - Valerie, one a blue polish - Pepper, and the other a production red hybrid - Red.
Valerie and Red are easy to catch, although not in any way "cuddly" and they will follow you around. Pepper is docile once you've got her, but she is easily startled. Valerie and Pepper began life as a 4H project for neighbors, and the same kids adopted Red before she was laying, and when the hens were a year old, the kids decided to start over with chicks, and we took on four of the hens - one red was lost to an unknown animal. Red had her beak filed before the neighbors got her, but she has plenty left and eats without trouble. Red will peck at you if you have food and she wants it, but not hard and not maliciously.

Pepper went broody one time last year and showed signs that she'd be a fine mama hen, but breaking her out of it was no challenge, and she was back with the mini-flock within a few days, and I've heard that Polish hens often make fine sitters. They would be a good start for a small flock, too. I'm sure with a single roo, they would make some crazy looking backyard breeding stock!

Pepper lays medium white eggs that are somewhat oblong, Valerie and Red both lay brown eggs of varying shades. Pepper and Valerie lay about 4-5 eggs/week during warm months and slow or cease laying during winter. Red lays all year long, and in mid-Spring and mid-Autumn will lay every day.

I would like all three to go together.

If you are interested, please PM me. I am willing to travel up to half an hour from 19473 to deliver the girls, or further if we come to a good agreement.

These girls have been such a pleasure to have around, and their eggs are delicious with good thick shells. Help me find them a good home!

-NNB

NNB:

Try the PA Unite area....I'd be able to take them but I'm currently short on coop space....hope this helps.

Do you still have them? I am in the red lion Pa area. I live on 10 1/2 acres and would be glad to take them. [email protected] is my email. Please let me know. I can take them asap adapt you still have them. Thanks

still got them? I am near Scranton and have plenty of space. send me a msg I am free most times and am willing to work out a rendezvous.

Back
Top Bottom