3 year old Leghorn not standing after sour crop..ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

MariansChooks

Hatching
Mar 22, 2024
Any suggestions please..
I have a 3 year old leghorn with sour crop four days ago, (isolated inside the enclosure/ treated with apple cider, Greek yoghurt after she purged her own crop when offered warm water. She is being kept warm with an external heat source as nights are dropping to around 2 degrees. She was very sick (purple comb, drooping wings, self isolated in a corner) at the time she was removed and treated, but has not resumed standing. She is noticeably lighter and has clearly lost a substantial amount of weight. She is currently eating on her own and appears to have a good appetite. She has not laid for approximately 4 days (best guess as leghorns do not lay every day) I am concerned that she is not standing on her own yet. The smell of her feces is still very strong almost ammonia smelling (which is new to me) she appears very bright and beeps when the other girls come around to visit, her comb in now back to a normal looking red but I can not get her to stand up. She holds her feet and legs behind her and her wings out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom