30 degrees out a chicken has dirty vent all white how to clean with cold weather?

clokms

Hatching
Jan 12, 2024
I read to do epsom salts and warm water to clean a vent of a sick chicken. It is white on her back side and she is acting normal eating and drinking just not roosting with the others. It is cold here and we are getting 14" of snow and how can I savely clean her in 30-31 degree weather? I have a laundry sink inside to soak her, but how do I dry her off to get her back in the coop with the flock?

You could towl dry then leave her inside while it air dries the rest of the way, or you could blow dry.

Thank you! I just brought her in and washed her bottom in my laundry sink with epsom salts and warm water and towel dried her. I then on the coolest settling blow dried her and just put her back in the coop. I also gave them all electrolyte and probiotic in their water.

Thank you! I just brought her in and washed her bottom in my laundry sink with epsom salts and warm water and towel dried her. I then on the coolest settling blow dried her and just put her back in the coop. I also gave them all electrolyte and probiotic in their water.
No problem! Hope you can get her feeling better!

Back
Top Bottom