30% off at Porters Rare Heritage Turkeys, this month only!

Quote:
here's mine:
2 Lilac
2 Sweetgrass
2 Pencilled Blue Palm
2 Bourbon Red
2 Tiger Bronze
7 Assorted Turkey Poults

i love the assorted.. never know what you'll end up with!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I bought 30 turkeys from Porters last year. I ordered in the spring but he sent them in the heat of the summer. After one week, there was only 3 alive. I never seen poults drop dead like those did.

Porters does not Guarantee Livability. All Major Hatcheries will give you 72 hours after you get them. Not Porter!

Last edited:
Kevin offers the widest variety of quality heritage poults I am aware of. I have had the pleasure of getting poults from him multiple times, about a half dozen.

He cannot control the stress those babies get during shipping. None of the hatcheries can. Of the approximately 100 poults he has sent me all but one shipment had about 90% survive to adulthood. The bad batch was delayed in the mail for a full day during a heat wave. Nothing any hatchery can do about that. It is out of their control.

Kevin ships insured so if you get a batch with dead or dying poults document it with photos. You should be able to get a refund. Beyond that it is hard to expect any hatchery to stand behind their fragile poults.

None of the poults were dead on arival. They lacked livability. Livability can be genetic. It did not even look like shipping stress. I receive a minimum of 500 turkeys poults a year and thousands of chickens plus everything I hatch and never had losses like this. I am very experienced in caring for poults. I won't order from Porter again. I don't like throwing my money away when it is not my fault. Any of the other hatchery would have given me my money back, no question asked. Porter would not even talk to me about it. Very poor customer service. Sure they don't have the colors that Porter has but when they are dead, who cares what color they were.

Sorry for your bad experience. I would probably feel the same way in your shoes but am surprised Kevin would not talk things through with you. This year I ordered 33 Porter poults, got 38 including extras and have 36 healthy young turkeys from that lot.

My bad batch arrived with 2 dead and others very weak. Lost half of those. Your situation sounds very different and you are experienced so I have not idea what happened. Maybe a bad batch of Feed. That is a shot in the dark guess.

Quote:
Yeah I saw on your website that you welcome guests, and after seeing the pics on it I was considering coming down to check it out. But you're ranch is 6 hours south of Bishop?
hu.gif
When I saw White Mountains Ranch I assumed you were somewhere around Benton or somewhere else off of US 6. Is there another White Mountains in CA that I'm not aware of?

BTW I like your website.
thumbsup.gif
Some really cool pics! My own "ranch" is somewhat more modest at slightly less than 10 acres.
big_smile.png

Quote:

We are currently at a "temporary" ranch... Ours is named after the White Mountains in Arizona, which is where we have our 40 acres. We are looking to probably stay here for now, though, so purchasing another piece of land hopefully about 8-10 acres also.
smile.png

And thank you! I worked very hard of the website, and always have updates and new stuff on there. Our new venture right now is turkeys (of course).
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom