Turkeys Outdoors at -30?

Update: All of the turkeys survived negative 30 degrees last night! I took away the poles they were roosting on and they all chose to go inside their shelter for the night. Although it is open on one side so not really any warmer, they at least had protection from wind and snow. We have a few more days of negative temperatures, but I think we are past the worst of it.

Update: All of the turkeys survived negative 30 degrees last night! I took away the poles they were roosting on and they all chose to go inside their shelter for the night. Although it is open on one side so not really any warmer, they at least had protection from wind and snow. We have a few more days of negative temperatures, but I think we are past the worst of it.
Mine did fine in this morning's -34⁰F.

Last edited:
Mine were out in the freezing rain yesterday and were soaked. Only two hens went in on their own. One normally does anyway. I couldn't get any others to go in. So soaked birds roosted 30 ft in the trees as the temps dropped to 15f and then snow just before dawn. They apparently are fine 😂

Back
Top Bottom