33 Eggs Due to Hatch Oct 25 (Hatch Complete)

I am so excited !!! Maybe we will get a few more.They look very healthy and very nice size.Great job Cyn and the flock!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh my gosh! That is just too cute!
love.gif

You have got to be the best chick mommy ever Cyn!
hugs.gif

woot.gif
on having 18 out and more pipped!
jumpy.gif

They are dragging things out, this last few. If they don't hatch by this afternoon, I may candle to see if any have expired. Sometimes that just happens, depending on if they were in a cooler part of the bator.

Well, I'm a bit miffed at my styrobators right now. I know there is a cool spot on the heating element or the bator itself. #18 and #19 are in the bator, #20 is almost zipped and #21 is well-pipped now. I had my suspicions about one particular jumbo egg of Kira's, something about the shell was looking dessicated and we candled it. The baby was gone, sometime around Day 18, I think, and drying out.
The others seem not quite ready to hatch (not in the aircell) and I couldn't tell if there was any movement except for one of them. Put them back in and will wait awhile longer. I was hoping for at least 25 of the 28 to hatch and usually, I have great hatches, but these bators have been used alot now and for some reason, the last few times, I had a group of chicks that just either develops at an erratic rate or a slow rate.

And for the first time ever, an digital readout on one of my AcuRites just went bad. Had to toss it. I was only using it to double check humidity in the hatcher, but now it's kerphlooey (how the heck do you spell that, LOL?)

Back
Top Bottom