35 yrs. & heart attack...update p.14

I'm so glad you are on the road to recovery. I can't believe you went to a clinic and they fluffed this off. This burns me. I'm a cardiac nurse, and womans chest pain is either fluffed off as indigestion, anxiety and woman issues. I really thought we came a long way lately with docs being aware of our specific type of chest pain. CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE IS THE NUMBER ONE KILLER OF BOTH WOMAN AND MEN! It has supassed cancer. Everyone needs to have a stress test over age forty, a caridac catherization is not a bad idea either because alot of times the stress tests are not that reliable unless it's a stress echocardiogram. Please if you are having chest,jaw,backpain that is out of the ordinary. First take 4 baby asa aprox 350mg, call an ambulance or go to the nearest emergency room and insists they take you seriously. I have seen woman as young as 25 years old have a heart attack granted that age is rare but it does happen. It is very common over 35 by todays standards.
I'm so glad you are recovering, thank god they did the angioplasty.

Never too young. My uncle died of a massive heart attack at 42. His son had one at the same age but was lucky to have a nurse nearby (he was on vacation) who knew the signs. We since found out our grandfather had heart problems and never told anyone. All the boys in the family were tested and have to be aware. Ive read other posts someone on here posted about cholesterol, etc. But I cant remember who it was. Can you get an appointment with the dietary department at your hospital? It may help.

I have health problems myself and my Dr keeps telling me, you cant take care of your family if you dont take care of yourself first. Glad you realized there was a problem and called 911. Take care of yourself.

barnie.gif
WOW! I'm so glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! My paternal g-father died at 42, my maternal g-father at 56 and my maternal g-ma at 62, all of heart-related issues. Both of my parents are diabetic and have high blood pressure. It scares me to death! I'm 5'4'' and 125lbs or so...and I cannot eat too much sweet stuff because I'm hyperglycemic (sp). So I try to get right.

Make sure you eat less red meat and more vegetables. I would buy some low fat & low calorie cookbooks, maybe even diabetic ones and exercise...even a 20 minute walk is better than nothing!

Wow, I am the same age as you and I couldn't imagine! It is great that you went right away and are on your way to recovery!! That is great to hear!! My best wishes coming your way!
hugs.gif

GASP! I can't believe this! Holy cow! I'm SOO glad you made it through and are on the mend - I didn't know you were dealing with this, missed PC's post. I'm so, so sorry I didn't send prayers before, but they are sent now for a speedy recovery! I lost my mom to a massive coronary when she was 39....awful thing, losing your mom when you're 17 yrs. old. These things touch SO many people!

That had to be a terrible thing for you to go though. I suppose that the upside of it is that now you know that you'll have to keep things checked out. So glad that you're able to be home with your family now.

Back
Top Bottom