35 yrs. & heart attack...update p.14

maplesky7

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
N. IL.
Sing me the song choir.

So since it's about genetics and lifestyle....that's about what it boils down too. My dad died at age 64 of kidney failure/heart attack from his diabetes. I do NOT have diabetes. My maternal grandfather was very slender and died of a stroke.

I'm not too overwieght and my blood pressure wasn't all that high in previous dr. visits.

When I applied for life insurance they accepted me.

I've had LOADS of stress these past years and have been making the quick and easy choices regarding meals...and just neglecting myself essentially and taking care of everyone else...you know the story mom's and dad's....

On the 5th I went to bed with a crick in my neck for several days it lingered...waited for it to go away.

On the 6th I woke up at 5 am with pain in between my shoulder blades in the middle of my back. By 9 am my mom took me to a walk in--he told me I'm too young to have heart problems and sent me home with a muscle relaxer, said I was having a muscle spasm.

By 8 pm...I felt like I was going to pass out, I had pain in my neck, jaw, teeth, back, chest, and going down my arms, so I called 911. A community Pastor stayed with my kids until my mom was contacted. By 1:20am I was admitted and had my own room and told it was my heart. The next morning I had an angiogram and I had 99.9% blockage of my left atrium so they put in a stent. There was some other bumps and they said they'd use medicines for those.

6+ meds I am to take now and to start cardiac therapy in a week.

No wonder I was tired and had no energy.

My family, friends, and church family are rallying around me and it is quite a blessing.

So if I were to pass on any sound advice...It would be to take your bodies warning signs serious...demand things of your dr.'s because apparently...you can never be "too young to have heart problems."

If anyone would like to help me understand dropping cholestorol and recipes....It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all for being my crazy chicken family.

hugs,
gretchen

Last edited:
Gretchen, so glad you're back. We are so glad PurpleChicken told us about your trails so a lot of us could pray for you. You are still in my prayers, for many reasons. Hope your life smooths out and that your kids are okay.

Gretchen,

Just so glad you are back here with us.

I am so sorry you have been through this.

take good care of yourself. will pass on any tips I find.

glad you are back, and kick that stress out the door....ok?

thumbsup.gif

Glad you are on the road to recovery, we will keep you in our prayers for good health for you and your family and a stress free life!

Sorry you're having to go through this.. But im glad you're back, We haven't really talked/met (that in know of) but i always enjoy you're posts Maple.. i was wondering why i hadn't seen any posts from you in a few days... I saw PC's post and wondered if it was you but didn't know for sure. Anyways..

Welcome back! I've always thought you were a funny/intelligent person. BYC wouldn't be the same without you

-Daniel

Edited for typos..

Last edited:
Glad you are doing better! Totally understand the never to young part my husband had his 1st attack at age 32. We just cut out his butter/Marg. intake (butter buds works for most things), cut down his salt, use turkey bacon and ground turkey instead of beef. Good luck I will see if I can put together a few recipes we use that are just great.
hugs.gif
We were all praying for you and still will.

Quote:
You will get there, all best wishes and I hope everything works out for you and the girls soon.

thoughts are with you.
hugs.gif

Dang Maple, you never do it the easy way! Glad you are back home!

What about the girls, where are they? Are they there? Is your husband going to take hardship leave and come home from Iran? What about the eggs you just got? You've got a birthday coming up, and we want you here to celebrate! (May 12th, ya'll)

Good heavens, do I need to come up there?

Prayers and hugs! You behave yourself, young lady.
hugs.gif

Wow Maple, glad you're OK now. "You're too young to have a heart attack - go home?"
barnie.gif
That attitude pisses me off. Please take care of yourself. And tell stress to take a hike!

Back
Top Bottom