3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

I have a ton of eggs I've been holding and I'll tally up soon to make my spreadsheet entry. I am delighted to say that a few project hens got the message and I'll have one or two eggs from them to add.

Mahonri, don't you dare start this insomnia thing yet- we have a long way to go! It would make a fine drinking game to have a shot every time he says something woke him up.

Okay, I'm off to buy enough stuff to bake a thousand Christmas cookies, poundcakes, fruitcakes and pies. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Quote:
Get used to it. I only got up twice during the evening to check the incubator temp. Eggs go in tomorrow.

Guess you could get some spirits to start the game the week after Christmas.

Wait, did I just write that?
ep.gif

Coming from someone who has NEVER tasted a beverage with alcohol in my 53 years....
duc.gif

Quote:
Get used to it. I only got up twice during the evening to check the incubator temp. Eggs go in tomorrow.

Guess you could get some spirits to start the game the week after Christmas.

Wait, did I just write that?
ep.gif

Coming from someone who has NEVER tasted a beverage with alcohol in my 53 years....
duc.gif

Yeah I laughed when I read about using you for a drinking game. Glad you're a good sport.

Seems like the Vassalboro USPS witch understudy needs some more training, she just called to say there's a package there for me. Gotta go!

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL Good luck on that. I had to do that on Thursday when I went to the PO get my eggs and they said I had to come back on Friday because they were required to send my package out with the mail carrier even though they knew it would not fit in my mailbox and they knew the delivery guy would not deliver it to my house a half a mile from my mailbox. I was
somad.gif
That's the silliest 'requirement' ever .... I told her and walked out.

Quote:
LOL Good luck on that. I had to do that on Thursday when I went to the PO get my eggs and they said I had to come back on Friday because they were required to send my package out with the mail carrier even though they knew it would not fit in my mailbox and they knew the delivery guy would not deliver it to my house a half a mile from my mailbox. I was
somad.gif

I GOT MY EGGS! Hot2Pot excellent pack job and Thank You for the extras! I'm going to have to really play tetris to get all these in the incubator or I'll be actually living wolftracks dreams of eggs in my clothes.

I won't bore you with the story of almost having to leave them at the post office on account of the USPS scanning system not working right (cause it's not possibly operator error), but my eggs are officially rescued from the clutches of the USPS.

Quote:
somad.gif

I GOT MY EGGS! Hot2Pot excellent pack job and Thank You for the extras! I'm going to have to really play tetris to get all these in the incubator or I'll be actually living wolftracks dreams of eggs in my clothes.

I won't bore you with the story of almost having to leave them at the post office on account of the USPS scanning system not working right (cause it's not possibly operator error), but my eggs are officially rescued from the clutches of the USPS.

Yeahhhh
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Do you think they train them this way
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
It might be a job requirement
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

This will be my second hatch ever.... I have 6 Serama eggs that I will be setting along with you all! Hopefully they will do well, they are from pullets that just started laying.
idunno.gif

Mahonrr- jsut caught up. Will try to update the `1st post this evening. Busybusy now...

Back
Top Bottom