3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. LeasureChix

LeasureChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Medford OR
    Quote:What if none of them hatch?
    What if only one hatches?
    Is it a color/breed you don't have?
    I sure I could think of some more [​IMG]

I think you are my new best friend.....

You make SUCH valid points!!

Actually, I am purchasing a totally new breed (Lemon Cuckoo Orps), plus eggs of a breed where now I only have 1 pullet (she needs friends or her own, right?), and colors that I just love (special silkies).

Yes, I knew there were really good reasons I was still buying eggs. I guess I just forgot.

2. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Step one: Incubator rewired, check
    Step two: reattach top and bottom, in process.
    Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

3. LeasureChix

LeasureChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Medford OR
    I'm glad I am not the only one waiting for the last minute. The bator I'm using (3 1/2 hours from now) is still in the box in the garage. I hope it heats up quick enough. Eggs have been ready for days.

4. cielo

cielo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Mattawa, Washington
    Quote:Huh, incubator? [​IMG] Oh yeah... mine is still in pieces in a box on my floor where it's been awaiting cleaning for the past several days... Today is the day! Guess I should go feed critters and get started on the incubator?

5. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Two halves connected, check.
    Door re hung, check.
    Heating it up, in the process.

6. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Quote:So glad you found us!!!!

What ya hatchin'?

Well, as of yesterday I had collected 8 eggs and I put down 14. If I don't get 6 more eggs this morning I'm going to have to fill out my numbers with the most recent eggs that had been refrigerated on Friday. Most of my eggs will be from my mixed flock of egg layers. The girls I know are laying are a BR, RIR, Marans, Brown Leghorn and someone else I haven't yet identifiedl. My boys are an Australorp and a Welsummer.

However, I do have 3 eggs from my SQ Campines.

Deb

7. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    This is everything in my octagon 20... everything in there should hatch between 22 December (my 5 ducks, top left) and NYD. 6 showgirls, 18 eggs from Hot2Pot, mostly SS. 3 from my own flock ... you know, because I had some room.

32 eggs in an incubator that's supposed to hold 24. Behold the madness [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  8. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    My eggs are set ! [​IMG]

9. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

[​IMG]

44 in this incubator-- 43 chicken eggs and one free duck egg (it'll be along a bit later in 2012) 1 egg that had to be waxed is in a separate incubator since it is the most likely to explode, I think.

Black Copper Marans, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Blue Rock, and a bunch mixed barnyard party animals!

Coturnix Quail x 13 to be set later in the week. Happy Hatching Everyone!!!

10. Contrastphoto

Contrastphoto Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Sevier County, Tn
    Hello! I just finished setting the eggs! I am so excited! This is my first time hatching in my Octagon ECO 20. I have decided to follow the recommendations of others and hatch them from an egg carton instead of using those wire things.
    I also wanted to say thanks to some of my local BYCer's here in TN. for providing me with eggs for the hatch with out them I don't know if I would have been able to do it. I picked up 10 eggs from Tennesseeckn. 4 SLW and 6 BBS Orps. (imported type). I am so hoping to hatch a splash baby! I also recieved 10 eggs from HappyMtn. She sent 7 eggs from her split/lavender cuckoo ameraucana project. 2 Oliver Egger eggs and 1 really dark Maran egg.
    I am also going to through in two of my Barn yard mix eggs just for fun!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by