3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:You can go to the first post in this thread for a form to fill out for your eggs, guess on how many everyone sets total, though I did read that one needed to be done yesterday, and another guess on how many total hatch for everyone! Still waiting on the pot of eggs...wrapped in bubblewrap.... [​IMG]

2. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Quote:Go to the very first post...

Got home from church at 12:45 and immediatly plugged in the incubator. It took a while to get up to the right temperture, and I had to adjust it a tad, probably cuz the house was a bit hotter in September than now.

Love all the caption humour!!

3. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Quote:Post # 1 has the spreed sheet link. [​IMG]
    Also spots to put in the total eggs you think were set & will hatch. For contests. I think the deadline for the # set was yesterday, but the # that will hatch contest is till open.

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG]

5. 9Catsz

9Catsz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Southeastern Missouri
  6. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Quote:Go here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...mkey=dE14Y2tiLUMxNUZITjFSSU9xYlI1dHc6MQ#gid=0 to fill out the form. It's also a contest and asks you to fill out the total # of eggs you think everyone will set and out of those the total # of eggs you think will hatch.

Is there a place where I can amend my # of eggs set? I got 2 more silkie eggs today and added those to my # of eggs set.

Gotta ask Laree to clear your name so you can amend it.

7. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    So how do we update the number of eggs we set? I have more than doubled what I put in early in the game.

58 Iowa Blues
    2 EE
    12 Mystery swap
    72 total

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Really REALLY tried for another Silkie egg or two... But to no avail. I did get ONE more Barred Holland Egg to add to the mix after this pic was taken, but it sat outside in 20 degrees for quite some time today.

[​IMG]

We've been extremely lucky when it comes to predators, unfortunately we lost 2 hens and our one and only chick last night. My heart is so heavy, my broody hen is beside herself without her chick, she's been clucking for him all day. Both my broody hen and rooster show signs of being in the tustle. Whatever it was (racoon we suppose) never got into the run, must have just reached through the fencing. I just hope at least one of my Barred Hollands hatch, they are such sweeties. I can't understand why in the world my girls were so close to the fencing with a predator close by, it just doesn't make sense. DH got some live traps this afternoon and everyone is locked up tight in the coop tonight.

9. 9Catsz

9Catsz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Southeastern Missouri
    Here's my first entry for the holiday calendar contest. It's for December.

These little ones kept nodding off........Apparently it's hard work being cute & cuddly all the time.

[​IMG]

Here they are.....sleeping.

[​IMG]

Have a Very Silkie Christmas and a Show Girl New Year!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  10. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Love the showgirl front and center.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by