3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
You an me both! There are some nice properties in Queen Creek.
wink.png

I wish gasoline weren't so expensive and I've move to Queen Creek or San Tan Valley or Congress or Buckeye, but alas, I love my 6 minute commute. I'm going to continue watching for homes going up for sale in the neighborhood to the south were I could have UNLIMITED chickens.

Missed the dang mailman. He knocked and left but didn't leave the spot check. Tomorrow I'll nap on the couch.
Hoping my knee doesn't kill me after the surgery tomorrow morning. I survived the colonoscopy with flying colors. Had one little polyp removed, but I'm not worried now. I won't ever bother getting another one.

Mahonri, I have to say, not worrying about how many chickens I have is a blessing. We are only on three acres, so I can't go too over the top but I think by our HOA I can have something like 60 before I have to worry. I don't want that many, and I don't think the neighbors would report me if I did have more than that but it is nice not to have to worry. BTW you might want to rethink your position of "never" on that colonoscopy. Just sayin'

Quote:
Google didn't help me, what is this CluckCluckBockBock calendar? I'm intrigued!
big_smile.png

Probably the Calendar with pics of chickens on it figuring out the set date for the April 8th (Easter Hatch)...
Which means all of us will be setting for Easter Hatch on St. Patricks Day this year. Makes it easy to remember

There was something that Google didn't know.... I did not think that could happen.

Are we supposed to be candling yet? I hate to bring it up being new n all, but this is my very first incubator hatch and I am simply beside myself with anticipation. >picture me jumping up and down and rubbing my hands together, often.

Okay, the truth is... I just couldn't help myself, my son n I took a few eggies out today and took a little peek, cept we don't really know what we're looking for (even after studying pictures of 72 hr incubated eggs). So the web thing stumped me, what's this about an air pocket... Is that an easier way for a novice like myself?

Quote:
It's a little early to candle, although sometimes you can see something. I am planning to candle on saturday or Sunday, so I can move my 'starters' to the good incubator and put the questionables in my less nice bator. Generally when you see something it will look like a little blob with veins to start with!
smile.png

Quote:
Google didn't help me, what is this CluckCluckBockBock calendar? I'm intrigued!
big_smile.png

Probably the Calendar with pics of chickens on it figuring out the set date for the April 8th (Easter Hatch)...
Which means all of us will be setting for Easter Hatch on St. Patricks Day this year. Makes it easy to remember

Why did I read that as "Which means all of us will be setting for Easter Hatch AND St. Patricks Day this year."

Obviously I have a problem...
padded.gif

Quote:
It's a little early to candle, although sometimes you can see something. I am planning to candle on saturday or Sunday, so I can move my 'starters' to the good incubator and put the questionables in my less nice bator. Generally when you see something it will look like a little blob with veins to start with!
smile.png

Oh no it's not! As proof of my addiction I candled last night. I forgot to count the number of starters in the main 'bator but in my hatcher out of 64 eggs set I have 60 growing, 1 blood ring and 3 not sures.
th.gif

Anyone remember me stating DH was going to kill me if all these eggs hatch???
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom