3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Just did my Day 10 candling....

11 Faverolle eggs good to go (wing flapping, dancing chicks)
1 "Token" TJ egg good to go (swimming and waving)
8 Marans eggs good to go (twitchy yolks, veins and occasional chick bounce on shell)
6 Marans eggs cannot tell/questionable...too dark to see movement or veining
2 Marans eggs highly suspect as possible duds, but not smelly

Started with 32 eggs...now down to 28 (4 Faverolles didn't make it, culled Day 7)

Will know more at lockdown Day 18... It'll be a looooooong week.

thumbsup.gif

I have 4 of Jim's beautiful Iowa Blues
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
I can't wait
celebrate.gif
I have some Christmas chicklets Blue and Splash French Marans from sweet Charm1704 going into lockdown today though so it will keep me busy waiting for the New Years Babies
love.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif

I gently moved the bator after the disaster this weekend with the turner now working well back into the other room out of harm's way with people, dogs and the door opening and closing. It still has my 2 swap eggs I managed to salvage and 19 of the quail from Hot2pot(I found one dented I must have missed). It is loaded up again with silkies from Bargain and more of mine, phoenix, phoenix-whatever mixes, and a few EE mixes (my very first 2 EE eggs in the bator before the mishap were both growing). Now am waiting for 29 Welsh Harlequin duck eggs to arrive, what is wrong with me...shhhhhh....

Quote:
But you also have a dzn eggs coming for your prize don't you you lucky girl you
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Yes I do!! I have to get in touch with Hot2Pot to see when a good time would be.
smile.png
smile.png

I just hatched a variety pack from Hot2Pot and they are awesome
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
She has some incredible chicklets and her packing is devine
love.gif
hugs.gif

Ducks are hatched and in brooder, incubator is cleaned and NYDH eggs candled. I tossed a bunch of eggs, and unfortunately 1 contained a viable chick. It looked like a blood ring when I candled and I've never been wrong before.
sad.png

But I will try not to focus on that, learn from my mistakes and covet the cuteness of ducks:

46869_415160_267191093335459_100001337108712_707602_2134688642_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom