3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Lareeeeee.......we need pictures to verify whether or not the number of chicks qualify as a crapload or not!! We want pics! We want pics!

146fs495919.gif

I am locking my eggs down now. While candling, one of my mutt eggs started "beeping" at me. Looks like some may be early. Back to locking down. Back in a bit.

Thoughts please! I was weighing and candling the eggs, and I noticed one of my shipped eggs was weeping a little bit from the air cell area. There is no odor. The egg candles well, has a nice large air cell, and when I float tested it, the egg gave a huge jolt of movement. Right now I have the egg sitting in a bag in the incubator (not sealed closed, just keeping it contained) and I really don't know what to do, except leave it in the bag and see what happens. Ideas???

Quote:
Oh there isn't much in this world more exciting than peeps heard from within eggs! It's as if everything magical whooshes in from the cosmos as you discern the life within the egg from that little chirp.

It's at that point I almost become glued to the incubator windows. I feel myself "sharpening" my hearing, tilting my head this way and that, searching for yet another peep. Was it from this egg? Or that egg? Cmon! Peep again! Peep MORE!

In a sort of twisted fashion, the old Mervyn's commercials got it right for us: our palms pressed flat against the glass on both sides of our heads, nose prints developing on the clear surface as we half-whisper, "Open, open, open!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom