3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Would that other person be me?
gig.gif

Why yes it would
smile.png

Tragedy and Triumph:

Got home to find one of the FCBMs in the water bowl--not drowned, but probably flipped over in there and froze to death.

Triumph: craploads of baby chicks in the bator. Ok, maybe not craploads, but lots. One is definately a Swedish Flower chick, and I just now helped a SF out of the egg (he had a leg sticking out...).

...maybe I should have washed my hands before I used the keyboard.

This hatch is cursed! I cannot make this up if I tried.

So last Thursday I had some car difficulties with some kind of electronic thing that affected my stability control, AWD and ABS. Because of the holiday and the snowstorm we had they couldn't get the part ordered until Tuesday. In the meantime I've been driving my car since the dealer swore up and down it was safe (and the loaner was an automatic... I don't hardly ever drive them. You should have seen my panic the first time I drove it and couldn't get the key out of the ignition... ya gotta put it in PARK apparently!! - so... much safer to have me in my regular wheels). The part came in today. I couldn't get my car done today because I had to go see the doctor about my aching brainses (I'll know more after my head CT on Tuesday). I get out of the doctors office and out to the parking lot and find... my car with a halfway flat tire.

I weigh my options. I can attempt to put the smaller spare on and drive somewhere, I can stop to get some air, etc. I think of my poor chickens at home in the dark with their coop open.

I decide to drive on it to the dealer since my part was in, and get the loaner vehicle and have them fix the tire, too. Oh and did I mention I just had these tires put on last Thursday?

So I get to the dealer safely, tire is still slightly inflated. It's still somewhat light out... Whew!

I get in my loaner vehicle, am about halfway home when the CHECK ENGINE light comes on in that puppy.

In the general scheme of things, these aren't big deals, I realize that. Just... really?

Back
Top Bottom