3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Hey, folks! I'm in!

After a year+ of not incubating, this contest looked just too fun to pass up. Hopefully I can remember where we stored the incubator (and hopefully it still works!).

I'll be setting Wheaten Marans and Salmon Faverolles and whereas it'll not be French Hens for Christmas, I'll settle for at least three of them on New Year's.

And, like most folks on here, I'm now playing the waiting game with the USPS on those little spheres of hope and joy.....

Game on!

(Question: We submit our entry forms AFTER we get and count our eggs, right?)

I am waiting on eggs too.... I will submit my actual number of eggs when I get them all.
clap.gif

I'M IN!! I'M IN!!!!!!!

As a last ditch effort, I called a friend of mine and asked if they were getting any eggs... She told me that they were getting around 3 a day and she would save up as many as she could and bring them to me on Saturday evening!!! YAY!!!!!!

They aren't the Marans or Orps I wanted but they are fuzzy butts none the less!!!! The incubator is clean and now I just have to wait.. Who knows.. Maybe my girls will start laying and I will be able to throw a few more in there! I won't hold my breath on that one.. lol...

I will report Saturday evening what I will be putting in the bator on Sunday!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Hm... you're pretty good. The most I've been able to get in it is 28. I have 5 duck eggs right now, but they're not too large... hopefully I can smoosh everything in there for this hatch. Expecting 18 more eggs.

woot.gif
just got our Dickey today, bring on the NYD hatch! I am beyond excited, but our son (13) has read the manual three times cover to cover and hasn't running already.

Anyone near us in FL want some eggs set? Even with everything we will be setting there is room.

I'm such a doofus! I've only just filled out the entry form, now that I have an incubator and eggs on the way. But, I was baffled at the questions repeatedly asking how many eggs I was setting and how many I would hatch, duh, the 24 I set. LOL I totally missed that it was a guess the numbers of everyone hatching and it was a contest. Oh well, I'll know better next year.

Hey, some one has to lose, might as well be me. LOL I really just want to do the hatch for the experience, I think I'll be very lucky if anything hatches.

Quote:
Hmmmm, I may have to talk to Bargain in the Spring. This time I am trying to only set my project eggs.
fl.gif

She is taking the Roo in her EE pen out soon and putting him in his own Ameracuana pen. If you want any of these eggs now is the time to get them.

Yikes!!!

Back
Top Bottom