3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Got one. I will sponsor a contest. Prize is $20. BYC store gift certificate. Contest is:
Best calendar quality HOLIDAY photo.

Rules are:
1. photo must contain poultry; either adult or chicks. (Prefer photos without humans.)
2. photo must be your own, not from someone or somewhere else.
3. photo must be holiday related..... ANY holiday.... Christmas, Mother's Day, Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day, etc....
4. Please note which month your calendar quality photo should be published on.
5. Limit 3 entries per person; though each must be for a different holiday.
6. PM me with your entry, as well as post it on this thread. "HOLIDAY calendar contest," in the subject line.

I will make a BYC page with all the entries.
Judges will be BYC folks who are not in the NYD hatch. No names will be submitted with the photos; just numbers.
This contest is open NOW, and will close on January 3rd. That is, if it is okay with the NYD hatch organizers.

i love it. I'm going to add that it needs to be a photo the entrant took?

Thanks.

Will add it to the contest page.

Yes. I edited to add that.

Quote:
Ha HA,,, This got me laughing so hard! I especially like your goose's name! I am very late reading this thread so that is why this comment is coming about a month at least after your post about Duck-Duck.

I'm trying to decide whether to join this fun hatch thing for New Year's. I'd have to get eggs ordered right away and shipped almost immediately too...but am not finding what I want on the auctions here on BYC or on ebay. What I'd really like is a combo of some Delaware eggs and some all Black or BBS Ameraucana eggs and some pure Cornish eggs. Of course I'd LOVE eventually to get Rhodebars. they sound really cool! but they seem really expensive.

Okay, off I go...i need to try to get the rest of this thread read!
Happy fuzzy plans, everyone!
--Pat

Quote:
Holy Copious Clutch batman! That's more eggs than I thought one hen could cover.

But really good to know
wink.png
as the girls have upped their production and I had hoped to hatch everything they give me between now and then.

This will be my first hatching contest. I have 18 Catdance Silkie eggs coming for the bator plus a dozen Marans eggs (at least). I didn't realize the discussion started so early, it took me about 3 days of reading to "catch up" with this thread. I'm really looking forward to this!! I had really good success hatching eggs this year. I'm hoping to add some of my own eggs. The silkies that I hatched out in the spring laid their first egg. If I catch the eggs prior to freezing, I'll throw them in also. I have some splash marans that have been laying pretty good. I finally started collecting instead of eating their eggs. I have some of their eggs in the bator now.

Love the photo contest! Maybe a few chicken baths and some creativity will yield a cute pic or two.

Good luck to all!

Julie

I have 72 eggs so far. Still waiting on the polish from Deb, Swedish Flower Hens and whatever else is laid in the coop in the next three days.

I watched Junior mate successfully with the Rhode Island Red so I'm including those eggs with the other EE eggs.

I got my box of eggs from Bargain too...she sure shipped a lot of eggs mine are resting going in the incubator tomorrow I'm going to the NFR will not be back until Sunday so I'll set the other eggs Monday morning as soon as I pick them up from the PO.....I'm filling up all the incubators going to have to order a stackable brooder
barnie.gif
where will I put them all
hide.gif

Just sent an e-mail to a guy who does inexpensive coops.... I've got to have at least one more and a grow out pen.

I wasn't going to do more than a few under each broody. But reading through this is making me want to load the bator to the gills and start the year off with a bang.

I keep trying to remind myself, this is just for egg layers. I want to pace myself so I can have more Icelandics later.

But I do have a bator and Nella-Bean Brooder that could handle the overflow.

What to do? What to do?

Question... Will the Broody Icelandic start laying once she gets out of the nest to raise her chicks?

Back
Top Bottom