3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:No. Well, my broodies don't anyway. They will not resume laying until they are finished raising the kids.

2. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Then I hope none of my other Icelandics go broody. I plan to hatch as many eggs as I can get once they have been separated long enough to be pure.

I'll need to build another brooder.

3. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Sigh. Big, gigantic sigh. I signed up to set 24 eggs, and I'm averaging 2 eggs/day. Do I mention I have 9 laying hens? Sitting at the ready is 6 eggs, so I need every single egg I can find. And today. Today [​IMG] I find [​IMG] this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ain't it cute though??? [​IMG]

4. rarely bored

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Quote:Is this one limited to chickens (who are extremely difficult to catch in a flap position?) or are other birds allowed??

Gerrymander is going to be very upset if all of her posing was in vain!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  5. kathyinmo

Quote:Beautiful photo! What kind of camera do you use? Gorgeous!

6. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Quote:Yea it is [​IMG]

Add some Cayenne pepper to the food. It REALLY works. I get mine in the bulk foods section of our grocery store. I just sprinkle some on the feed before I pour it into the feeder. I doubled my production today. It takes about 48 hours to work so dig through the pantry quick!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. rarely bored

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California

Thanks!! Gerrymander is very photogenic. [​IMG] It is my son's camera, a Kodak EasyShare C613. It has some quirks, like the wait time between pictures is annoyingly long, but, since my mom bought it for my son when he was 5 or 6, it is a fairly simple camera to use.

Hey, wait... aren't you hosting a photo shoot too?? hmmm...

8. rarely bored

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Quote:Yea it is [​IMG]

Add some Cayenne pepper to the food. It REALLY works. I get mine in the bulk foods section of our grocery store. I just sprinkle some on the feed before I pour it into the feeder. I doubled my production today. It takes about 48 hours to work so dig through the pantry quick!

Yes, I saw your mention on Cayenne, and I have some in my cupboard, which I grew last year and need to use. Will try to do this tomorrow morning. lol, Hope Gerrymander doesn't mind a little extra spice! [​IMG]

9. cielo

cielo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Mattawa, Washington
    Hi. I'm joining this hatch. [​IMG] My incubator is currently in a box because I had banned myself from further hatching for the Winter but... I'll take it out tomorrow! I ordered some RIR eggs to arrive Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed! Hatching is so fun.

10. kathyinmo

Thanks!! Gerrymander is very photogenic. [​IMG] It is my son's camera, a Kodak EasyShare C613. It has some quirks, like the wait time between pictures is annoyingly long, but, since my mom bought it for my son when he was 5 or 6, it is a fairly simple camera to use.

Hey, wait... aren't you hosting a photo shoot too?? hmmm...

YES, photo shoot! Hope you submit some pictures! I can hardly wait to see some!

I bought a Kodak EasyShare. It is still in the box. I should try it out! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by