3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Then I hope none of my other Icelandics go broody. I plan to hatch as many eggs as I can get once they have been separated long enough to be pure.

I'll need to build another brooder.

Sigh. Big, gigantic sigh. I signed up to set 24 eggs, and I'm averaging 2 eggs/day. Do I mention I have 9 laying hens? Sitting at the ready is 6 eggs, so I need every single egg I can find. And today. Today
barnie.gif
I find
barnie.gif
this:
77670_nov-dec2011_035.jpg

he.gif

ain't it cute though???
love.gif

Quote:
Is this one limited to chickens (who are extremely difficult to catch in a flap position?) or are other birds allowed??

Gerrymander is going to be very upset if all of her posing was in vain!

77670_nov-dec2011_030.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Yea it is
gig.gif

Add some Cayenne pepper to the food. It REALLY works. I get mine in the bulk foods section of our grocery store. I just sprinkle some on the feed before I pour it into the feeder. I doubled my production today. It takes about 48 hours to work so dig through the pantry quick!

Last edited:
Quote:
Beautiful photo! What kind of camera do you use? Gorgeous!

Thanks!! Gerrymander is very photogenic.
wink.png
It is my son's camera, a Kodak EasyShare C613. It has some quirks, like the wait time between pictures is annoyingly long, but, since my mom bought it for my son when he was 5 or 6, it is a fairly simple camera to use.

Hey, wait... aren't you hosting a photo shoot too?? hmmm...

Quote:
Yea it is
gig.gif

Add some Cayenne pepper to the food. It REALLY works. I get mine in the bulk foods section of our grocery store. I just sprinkle some on the feed before I pour it into the feeder. I doubled my production today. It takes about 48 hours to work so dig through the pantry quick!

Yes, I saw your mention on Cayenne, and I have some in my cupboard, which I grew last year and need to use. Will try to do this tomorrow morning. lol, Hope Gerrymander doesn't mind a little extra spice!
big_smile.png

Hi. I'm joining this hatch.
big_smile.png
My incubator is currently in a box because I had banned myself from further hatching for the Winter but... I'll take it out tomorrow! I ordered some RIR eggs to arrive Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed! Hatching is so fun.

Quote:
Beautiful photo! What kind of camera do you use? Gorgeous!

Thanks!! Gerrymander is very photogenic.
wink.png
It is my son's camera, a Kodak EasyShare C613. It has some quirks, like the wait time between pictures is annoyingly long, but, since my mom bought it for my son when he was 5 or 6, it is a fairly simple camera to use.

Hey, wait... aren't you hosting a photo shoot too?? hmmm...

YES, photo shoot! Hope you submit some pictures! I can hardly wait to see some!

I bought a Kodak EasyShare. It is still in the box. I should try it out!
lol.png

31282_dscf7601.jpg

Back
Top Bottom