3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Quote:Cool, I remember ducks and geese and swan (I think) from last years flapper contest. The photos were wonderful!
    and that shot was a practice shot... the one I like better is hidden away. [​IMG]

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay I'm joining, but more as of an observer, since we have a prize offering...... I don't know what I will put in the hatch..... MMMM..... If anyone in Georgia is on this hatch, Hello and let me know please if you are interested in any of the babies from the hatch....I'm out of brooder room and don't know if I have physical room to keep the babies. I never can keep up with all the posts....What is my deadline for putting out what we will hatch????

And please folks, please think of something really fun for the contest part for our farm's offering of a dozen eggs plus shipping....

Now I haven't told hunny that we'll hatch again, sooooo, it sounds like time for a big applepie and homemade ice cream offering, Such a tough man to work with! LOL, he's actually the sweetest guy but when I said a few weeks ago, no more hatches and then someone gifted me with 24 beautiful silkies from cjexotic, I couldn't say no, and of course I had a few or our silkie eggs to throw in and now this.....I am hopelessly addicted to baby chickies and Laree PG, I'm going to name the next chicken tractor after you,,,,, you did it!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:I have a few others. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
  5. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    LOL :[​IMG]

6. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:Your giftee is an awesome individual [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am so lucky to have met so many incredible people here like you and Darren [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You bring Joy and Love and Laughter to my world and I am very Thankful for this awesome forum [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:I have a few others. [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31282_dscf7603.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31282_dscf0642.jpg

Wait a minute... I remember something on the Icelandic thread about A missing camera !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Correct! My favorite one, too! My daughter found it in the car, under the seat. [​IMG] In the mean time, I went out and bought others. Never did like them as well as my favorite one though. FujiFilm FinePix is my favorite, still. However, I have about worn it out. Daughter got the blue one, Sony Cybershot. It takes great close ups and she loves it. The last 2 cameras I bought on Black Friday.... couldn't resist. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  8. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    So my eggs have started to come in. I got 2 boxes from the New Years swap and a box from noseychickens. 28 eggs so far.... I have 2 more swaps due and I am picking up some eggs Sat. [​IMG]

9. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    I can't wait for my eggs to get here. Each extra day they are in the hands of the USPS is another day for them to damage them. I checked DC #'s for the packages I sent and the DC#'s I know for eggs I'm getting. It amazes me that a box can make it to Ca in 2 days and to get to TX, Fl, Ks, from Ar, it takes 4-5 days. Then 6 days for packages to me from NY?

The good thing is I'm not sitting there staring at them wanting to put the in the incubator.

I had 36 of my own eggs collected to go in the incubator as of last night. Some are over a week old, but oh well. How many will I have by Sunday noon.

10. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Tom is convinced that 8 eggs each is plenty for the broodies [​IMG] Of course, I might be able to convince him to let me put some in the bator so if any broody eggs are not progressing when I candle I can replace them with bator eggs.

Seems such a shame to let perfectly good fertile eggs go unhatched [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by