3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Quote:Thanks! I'd think pickled peppers would taste awesome with the egg -- if the pepper would stand upright. hmmm. Capers have never tickled my fancy, will stick to raisens. ;)Awesome!

If you want to display them on a serving plate and grow herbs find a branchy or stemmy little herb like parsely or thyme and you can fashion little chicken toes for the roo and he will stand up [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

oooOOOOOHHHHHHhhhhh, Have both growing outside (and the freeze hasn't killed them!) Ok, my little brain is on crafty overload. Must stop before it bursts!

2. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    Quote:ooh good idea!

3. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:I hatched some catdance a few weeks back [​IMG] [​IMG] Out of 18 purchased she sent 24 and I ended up with 14 chicklets [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ooooohh, I want some cardance silkies soooooo bad [​IMG] But I live on the coast of NC and think it is to far to ship from Washington state. Not to mention the cold weather right now. Maybe one day [​IMG] Their Silkies are so beautiful!!!

4. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Jim [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My sweet hubby just got from the post office with your beauties [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Lucky seven here we go [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 11:00 Sunday morning yeahhhhhhhhhh:yiipchick [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What awesome packing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Not one cracked egg and my sweet hubby even said "Wow!!! He sure packed those great! " [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. schumanw

schumanw Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2011
    Jacksonville
    I am collecting my eggs from my chickens. Started last weekend. It occurred to me that the cold weather may affect my eggs. They say to not refrigerate the eggs you plan to hatch. The temperatures have gotten down to 35 degrees over night, and two times, I could not collect my eggs at the end of the day.

Will the eggs that experienced 35 F weather still be good for hatching?

6. LeasureChix

LeasureChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Medford OR
    Quote:When my friend was short on eggs for her bator, she pulled some that had been in the refer for a while (not sure how many days). She had 100% hatch! Unless they actually froze and cracked, I'd give it a go. I've heard of others that have hatched refrigerated eggs.

Good luck!

7. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Quote:They should be fine, store them inside at room temp.

p.s. I have pulled eggs out of the fridge and hatched them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] actually heard a lot of people have. [​IMG]

8. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Quote:Thanks. I hope you have a great hatch. [​IMG] I like to send eggs the way I like to receive them. [​IMG]

9. schumanw

schumanw Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2011
    Jacksonville
    Thanks LeasureChix and BHep. that is good to know.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You can tell it's almost set time! I can't keep up with this thread~!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by