3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

I've dicussed this with Aceschix, and trying to find out if there is any interest in setting up/sharing information on hatching egg swaps for our region(northeast)?
We would have a list at the raffle table for people to fill out on what type/breeds of birds folks have and would be willing to setup hatching egg swaps with others.
Hopefully most of these egg swaps would be done in person, thus avoiding the egg shipping issue that at times can affect hatching eggs.
At this time this is only a message to determine if there is interest in this?
Thanks for your feedback,
Zekii :)
woot.gif

Last edited:
Ok, so my hubby was actually serious about wanting a polish to name Tina. He wants either a buff laced or golden laced one if anybody is bringing some, let me know!!

Hi Everyone........I'm new to all this.   I'm from Concord, NH and would like to come to Chickenstock.   I purchased 4 pullets two weeks ago and love having the girls in the yard.  They are 10 weeks old.  I HAVE THE FEVER!!   I would love to meet you all next Saturday and learn from all your experiences with your chickens.  I am also hoping to purchase a Cochin to add to my small flock.  I would love to contribute also ...... what would you like me to bring?  What is needed?   While reading all the postings here it seems like everyone knows each other?   I'm learning that there is a whole new world out there outside of the office!!  LOL   I've been sitting behind a desk too long. 

I forgot to mention we are neighbors!  I live in Pembroke.  :D

And I am from Loudon! Looking forward to meeting you next weekend. :)

I have been reading the thread and seeing what will be being brought for sale. I have not seen many bantams listed, so if anyone is bringing banty breeds can they please post what breeds they will have for sale? Particularly looking for more modern games to add to my collection! LOL.....also cochins, serama, oegb (milli variety coloring)

I believe I will be bringing gl polish Frizzled and smooth...i have 4 chicks right now 4 weeks old 2 smooth 2 frizzled...you CANNOT mate frizzle to frizzle remember...and I have some due the 3rd...so whatever of those hatch out are coming too...

After talking with a few breeders for pricing...The trio of girls that I want to sell as a trio please are 75$ This was the medium number...I couldnt sell for the higher prices one said but certainly not the lowest either....not for the amount of money it cost me to get them. These are from the top breeders out there...and perdy! Let me hunt for photos...and just so everyone knows...jerseygirl is selling her lav roo! This would make the perfect quad for breeding!

Again...I do have the silver laced brahma chicks but will not bring unless someone is really interested.

I have what I believe is a white ameraucana pair too 4 weeks old....hopefully i can be 100% on their sex before chickenstock as I HATE being told birds are girls only to see them not!

So heres my list of what I can bring

Smooth and frizzled gold laced polish 7$ each

2 white ameraucana chicks pair? If they are a pair 15$ if not..roos 5$ each

The 3 lav and split lav ameraucana hens

White ameraucana roo..8 months old..i have two only need 1... Hes so sweet I couldnt process him;( 10$
Millie fleur cochin bantam again sweet as a button but I have two...hes 2....5$

Multiple black copper and blue copper maran roo chicks 6 weeks old...from one of the top breeders..the chicks were hatched from eggs on a 7-8 color chart...will be huge birds...I paid 12$ each as day olds for these! Asking what I paid for them just to recoup some $....

Debating 6 millie fleur duccle chicks that are 6 weeks old....my broody just hatched out 5 more of them and combining them eventually might be tough....sex unknown but if I had to guess...they appear to be all girls!!! MAYBE on boy?

I do not bring birds back home with me for biosecurity reasons so if your interested in anything..I want to presell them to guarantee I dont have to travel back with them.....

Heres a listing of an old auction from this past Fall....photos of the two lavs and split black hen are there;)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-eggs-does-include-some-lav-black-splits/0_20

Ha! I recognize those birds from studying the auctions way back when. They are beautiful!

Do I understand correctly that the trio goes for $75 (as opposed to $75 each)? I am definitely interested, but should wait for holyhart to weigh in here, since she inquired first.

Back
Top Bottom