3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

Are you donating the Eco- glow for a raffle item? I would love to get another!

If hubby and I dont manage to make the nesting boxes first...then yes Ill donate that...thing was never used;( cost me 65$ But id let it go for 50$ I still have the box! Haha I literally set it up and forgot about it!!!

So in anticipation of chickenstock, my kids have been trying to come up with things they can make to sell. So they (with a little help from Daddy) made some bird houses out of barn wood (from a barn recently taken down here in Pembroke) and some old license plates. They are not completely done, they still need to add the little perch for the birds to sit on. I know that these have nothing to do with chickens, but I sure hope some folks will be interested in these as they worked so hard on them. Daddy used the power saw, but he had them do about 90% of all the rest of the work.

I am interested in the bird houses ....... how much will they be selling for? How many are you bringing with you? Your kids are adorable and they did a wonderful job!!

Aww, thanks ladies.
smile.png
They decided to ask $12 and they made 5 of the bird houses. I think they (my kiddos) are pretty adorable too.
love.gif

We are also going to be making some homemade "forage cakes" to sell (this time it will be Mama helping, but I'll make them do 90% of the work). They are just as excited for this chickenstock as I am!! They are trying to decide which chickens they want to bring home.

Aww, thanks ladies.  :)   They decided to ask $12 and they made 5 of the bird houses.  I think they (my kiddos) are pretty adorable too.  :love

We are also going to be making some homemade "forage cakes" to sell (this time it will be Mama helping, but I'll make them do 90% of the work).  They are just as excited for this chickenstock as I am!!  They are trying to decide which chickens they want to bring home. 

Cool bird houses! I especially love the license plate roof. :)

If hubby and I dont manage to make the nesting boxes first...then yes Ill donate that...thing was never used;( cost me 65$ But id let it go for 50$ I still have the box! Haha I literally set it up and forgot about it!!!

Please bring it either way-- if it raffles, I'll bid. If you make nesting boxes and decide to sell it, let me know your paypal address and I'll pay for it in advance :) Thanks.

I have three broody hens and it is such a tease...... anyone have any french blue copper marans hatching eggs available??? I would only need a dozen... Aces- maybe you could put that on the wanted list
big_smile.png

You're selling them only as a pair? I'm not breeding so I don't need a roo. Seems I might need to start breeding just to be able to get these different birds I want! Shhhh...don't tell hubby I said that! How much for the pair? Would you be willing to sell only her? If so, how much for her?
I am only selling as a pair since they are the only 2 I have. I've been told by DH that we have to downsize because of feed costs. He is right though. 230 chickens is a lot to feed. I'm asking $30 for the pair. I'll will try to get pics this afternoon.

You're selling them only as a pair?  I'm not breeding so I don't need a roo.  Seems I might need to start breeding just to be able to get these different birds I want!  Shhhh...don't tell hubby I said that!  How much for the pair?  Would you be willing to sell only her?  If so, how much for her?

I am only selling as a pair since they are the only 2 I have.  I've been told by DH that we have to downsize because of feed costs.  He is right though.  230 chickens is a lot to feed.  I'm asking $30 for the pair.  I'll will try to get pics this afternoon.

Wow! You must buy feed by the tractor trailer load!
Right now, I have 47, and I am trying to limit myself to 50. A friend is coming to pick up 4 of my birds tomorrow, so I will be safe bringing home 4 more on Saturday. In the fall, 7 roosters are headed to freezer camp, so there's room for next year's hatch. :p

Back
Top Bottom