3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

Aces, I made the "loaded baked" potato salad.
big_smile.png
I've been making it for so many years now that I don't measure anything, but here goes.

I diced and boiled 5 lbs of red potatoes. Cut and cooked a full lb hickory bacon (reserve some for garnish). Once both are cool, I added about 2 cups (just guessing on the amount... save some for the garnish), sour cream and mayo...more sour cream than mayo, but just keep adding until it is creamy. Add some chives (fresh or dried). Salt and pepper to taste. When everything taste right, sprinkle remaining cheese, bacon and chives for garnish. Best to make ahead of time to let the flavors meld and develop.

I had SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Thank you April and family for hosting!

I went home with my two new GL/tolbunt polish (think girl...think girl...think girl!
fl.gif
) and my daughter picked herself out a partridge rock. And I won FOUR of the raffle items!!! My kids sold a couple of their bird houses and I sold some of my jams and cookie mixes! Hubby and kids had a great time playing with the tractor. And the weather was great, even with the little bit of rain.

I don't think I have EVER seen my children so DIRTY! OY!!!!
lau.gif
But they had such a good time!!

Sonew, I have a whole year to talk my hubby into a NY road trip! We bought a pop up camper this year, so that sounds like a great reason to go camping for a weekend to me! Any place near you to camp?

MarinR, glad you were able to take home a few new babies! You were gone so quickly, I hardly got a chance to talk to you!

Memechick, the golden retriever in my avatar is also named Maggie Mae!

April .. yes we had a great time, great meeting everyone !!! We asked alot of questions/learned alot...Terrific chickenstock
celebrate.gif

Thank you again for a great time, April!
Your little off-color wheaten looks just like one of my Basque chicks, which are bigger (13 weeks old). They were hanging out together through the fence. She (?) is always at the fence, instead of hanging out with her new lav rooster friend (I'm still hoping it's a rooster).

Sonew, your lavs were so happy to get out of their cage last night! They were chuckling and eating greens, and their's been lots of digging in the nest box.

I will post photos of everyone in their new homes later. Can't wait to get my new fish sculpture up and the bucket nest boxes in place! :)

frow.gif
Had never been to a chickenstock before had a Great time april
GREAT JOB EVERYONE WHO WORKED ON IT
thumbsup.gif

The BBQ was very good the raffle was fun won some GREAT STUFF
DIDN'T WIN THE FISH MAY BE NEXT TIME IT WAS GREAT
thumbsup.gif

the next one NY might have to think about that
hide.gif
sounds like a ROAD TRIP

AGAIN HAD FUN GREAT JOB TO ALL

My kids are outside playing "chickenfest". They have litte tables set up, a few chickens are participating, they even set up their own raffle. Needless to say, they very much enjoyed themselves yesterday!
wink.png
Even hubby has been talking about how fun it was this morning.

Aprils is only 4 hrs from me!! In fact if we hadnt stopped to eat on our way home...we would have made it around 3 1/4 hrs!!!! I drove 9 hours to go to the one in PA! Haha it was awesome!

My family is still talking about this too. Great time!

Thanks for the recipe! My family has asked for t tonight..

I drove 5+ hours last year. Well worth it!

Everyone was great! Had fun with good company! Managed to make it home without any car sickness. The girlies were tired and cranky though.

I loved the potato salad and chocolate oblivion! Did I mention I love food?

Back
Top Bottom