4/5 week old black buff and light sussex.... pullets???

bantamsrbest100

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013

Really hoping u all agree these r both pullets??? But i am very new to this.
The sussex has a smalk pale comb rounded neck feathers and likes being held. I held all the siblings and could see larger redder combs and different shaped tails on the boys and def more vocal and wriggly! Fighting aswell!

Buffy is quiet little bird, has a pale tiny comb and already looking like she will b a big buff beauty!

Any advice would be great!

I agree they look to be pullets.

The Light Sussex looks right. The black one could be a Black Orpington.

Orpington is the breed, buff, black, blue, white, and splash are the colors that Orpingtons come in.

A Buff Orpington is an Orpington of a gold color (buff).

Since yours is black, if it is an Orpington, it would be a Black Orpington.
Lady of McCamley

I agree they look to be pullets.

The Light Sussex looks right. The black one could be a Black Orpington.

Orpington is the breed, buff, black, blue, white, and splash are the colors that Orpingtons come in.

A Buff Orpington is an Orpington of a gold color (buff).

Since yours is black, if it is an Orpington, it would be a Black Orpington.
Lady of McCamley

Thank u! :)

Both pullets. I suspect that your black one is a Black Orpington, or another similar-looking bird, such as an Australorp. Its not buff, though, as buff is a golden color.
smile.png

Both pullets. I suspect that your black one is a Black Orpington, or another similar-looking bird, such as an Australorp. Its not buff, though, as buff is a golden color.
smile.png
Thanks! Soo relieved they r pullets as ive had a run of bad luck with roosters being sold to me as hens and i was losing hope and considering knitting!! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom