4 chickens injured

GlowBean

Chirping
Dec 16, 2023
Pa, United states
Hello! We have a total of 13 chickens (2 deaths Gunpowder and Beelzebub/Bubble) Though sadly, Shotgun, Soldier, Dusty, and Lemon. I call this "The Health check up" for my chickens. Let's get started!
Shotgun: Injured feet, walking around like he's dancing. - Me and my friend banadaged him up and is able to walk on them much better, doesn't wanna eat. 5 - 6 months old
Soldier: Just being bullied and lost a lot of feathers - She's recovering nicely, eating well and fantastically. Will be getting a sweater to keep her warm and grow feathers back. Turning 3 years old - My special baby~
Dusty: Blisters on her feet and one infect area on bottom foot - Me and my friend bandaged her up and she's still limping though able to walk. Not sure about eating. 5 - 6 months old
Lemon: Limping badly on her right foot and lost a lot of weight (10 - 12 pounds to now 7.5 pounds) - Splinted her leg with my friend, every now and then she eats. 3 years old

Going from from 10-12 lbs down to 7.5 is very serious. If your parents aren't involved in helping you take care of your chickens you're going to have to post their symptoms here and let us try to help.Your hen could possibly have sour crop, a compacted crop or have an obstruction farther down or have an unknown disease to cause her stop eating.Being lowest in the pecking order could cause the other chickens to bully her and not let her eat.

Back
Top Bottom