4 goose eggs cooking

littlenell1

Chirping
8 Years
May 25, 2011
UK
Incubated 5 to start but one looks like a non starter and we are 7 days or so in. All are from our own geese so pretty excited to see if they all make it. Am hoping our brown buff type boy will have made his mark. Am also collecting a young buff gosling next week to add to the crew.
big_smile.png

Yay! On Sunday (5/29) I set 4 American Buffs from our new geese and 3 shipped ebay eggs. The ebay eggs are supposed to be a mix from a flock of romans and chinese but one is so small I'd bet money its a duck egg... Anyhoo congrats on your fertility
lol.png
Keep us posted I'm pumped that we set around the same time!

Candled them all tonight and there were two doing the boogie woogie dance! I just love seeing that- it makes my day! Also going to collect an american buf gosling on wed. Not sure of sex, but looking forward to seeing how it compares to the brownish gander I already have, and what the other embdens think of it. As it is still young, I am hoping it will bond with my orphan gosling Solo...although she seems happy enough with the runner ducklings!

4 still going strong. Also cooking in there I have 4 runner duck eggs. 2 runnerXappleyard and 6 abacot ranger duck eggs. All of them are fertile! Woohoo! Now just need to make sure I have somewhere for them all to create a big mess!

3 have started to hatch and I can hear cheeping, the 4th has yet to pip but is moving and wiggling...so excited!!

93385_goose_001.jpg

Last edited:
Lost another overnight...

They are embden or embden cross. We have two pairs and we think one gander is a brecon buff. One has very dark down, the other much paler with less dark areas. Pics to come!!

Back
Top Bottom